I cough periodically and the doctor can't seem to figure it out. He thought I was allergic to something and we tried allergy medicines but I still coughed. I have been diagnosed with AFIB and after reading many articles it could be related to my coughing. What is the solution and what should I tell my doctor?

It's not clear from your post, at least to me, but does this doctor that you're referring to know about the afib? Was it a different doctor that diagnosed it.

There are some medications available that can help the afib symptoms.

If you're not seeing a cardiologist, do so. Tell him about your cough. It most definitely can be related.

Please keep us posted.

ATRIAL FIBRILATION!!! then you might be suffering from a chronic heart disease,there should have been a valvular pathology,coz AFIB does not occur independently(usualy)....and you said you had periodic cough!...so let me tell you the reason for your cough-its because of pulmonary odema(pulmonary hypertention)..because u had problem in ur left heart,it ws not able to recive blood from the lungs as a result blood accumulated in lung ,while contantly recives blood fron rt side heart. pressure in lung capillaries increased and stimulated cough reflex!!!!!
talk to ur cardiologist about ur cough,its of cardiac origin...
do let me know wht happened,take care