I started having heart palpitations and flutters, I felt like my heart was skipping beats and other weird sensations. I started seeing a counselor and she advised me to go to the doctor to have my heart checked out. I did and that’s what was causing all of my heart palpitations and tachycardia. Anyone experience something similar?

Yes I had weird sensation sand heart palpitations, so I tried the breathing technique last night in hope that my palpitations went away for awhile. They started up before bedtime and I did some deep breathing exercises. I was calm enough to go to sleep, but As soon as I woke up, I started having them again. I am planning going to my gp tomorrow for blood work on my thyroid, because I’ve heard that too much t3 in your system can cause heart palpitations.

Hi ive had this for a long time it is made worse by any, and i mean any stimulants chocolate coffee smoking especially nicotine replacement therapy lozenges etc so stop all stimulants like coca cola etc and quit smoking,if you do hope this helps
Ged :-)

been feeling better the past 3 days. but this morning, thinking that i'm well, i drank coffee... now the symptoms are back again. :-( i had this last year also but they got better and i was diagnosed w/ anxiety attacks. will breathing techniques help?

I had a baby when I was 24 and 6 months later I had a weekend of Hell!! My heart felt like it was skipping beats left and right. It was horrible. Ever since, (5 years later) this still happens to me. I have been to so many doctors, including a cardiologist. Believe it or not, it's attributed to hormones and anxiety. They put me on Xanax and Metoprolol. They work well. When I feel horrible symptoms coming on, I just tell myself to slow down and breathe. Good luck to everyone.

Our sories are similar. I developed an attack about 6 month after giving birth as well for the first time. Six years later I still get them. They are more faint. They still bother me and cause me anxiety when I get them. I think you are right about it being cause by hormones and anxiety. Im not aking anything for them and they have subsided quite a bit over the last two years. I have also had about 5 attacks of SVT in the last 6 years with the last on being over a year ago. I think what has helped me is slowing down in life. Getting everytiing in my life in order (almost everything) and trying not to worry too much. Having said this, I believe these palps are here to stay. They will alway show their ugly faces throughout the course of the rest of my life. Im just glad that I didn't get them at an earlier age. Let me know if you have found any usefull resources that would help anyone including myself understand them better.