Please Help with any information. I have no Insurance and it seems I am being given the run around.
I have had multiple cat scans done and they have found calcified granulomas through out my lungs and spleen and one in my right kidney. They also found that I have significantly enlarged calcified hilar and mediastinal lymphnodes, my mediastinal lymphnode is actually so large that it is pressing on my esophogus and wind pipe and nearing my pulmonary artery.
(I was referred to a cardiothoracic surgeon for removal of this, but was told to deal with it, as he did not feel it was serious enough to risk major cardiothoracic sugery for it)

I have continued to have severe trouble breathing, chest pain in my ribs, pneumonia frequently that gets treated and comes right back. I have been coughing up obscene amounts of calcium deposits that seem to be coming from my lungs and also from what I am guessing is my tonsils as well as I can feel and see them on there and I cough them out.

Please help with any thoughts as blood work keeps coming back normal except for a high white blood cell count. I have been tested for histoplasmosis and sarcoidosis and it was all negative.
I don't know what to do and week by week I get worse but don't get any help because I don't have insurance and my doctor honestly doesn't seem to know what is going on. I am also a young mother in my twenties of eastern European descent if that is helpful at all.

I look forward to any responses. Thank you!

You have described many of the symtoms that I once had, including the calcified hilar and mediastinal lymph nodes, also pressing against my esophogus and windpipe. My blood work was all normal, but my white cell count was high. When I was tested for histoplasmosis, it came back negative. However, it was a false negative. My doctor insisted on another test, and it did come back positive for histo, which was disseminated throughout my body. I was treated with Sporanox, and all is well. That was over ten years ago.

I will note, before I was treated, my body began shutting down, and it was while I was in intensive care that they figured out what was wrong with me. The high white count was from stress on my heart caused by pericarditis. They did a cardiocentesis, which worked out well for my symptoms.

I had the same problem. The first doctor I went to told me not to worry about it! I pressed forward and went to specialist. Turns out a section of my lower left lung was not getting the proper oxygen needed due to a large calcium deposit blocking the airway and also it had calcified onto a pulmonary artery. I had surgery to remove a section of my lower left lung and it went very well however, I am now coughing up small calcium deposits again. My doctors are monitoring me.

I would seek further opinions if I were you. I did and it saved my life.

I wish you the best.

Ask your doctor to check you for Hyperparathyroidism. This cause high levels of calcium in the body/blood and deposits. There is a cure for this. Don't let any doctor tell you they want to watch and wait. Go see an endochronologist.

Have u seen a pulmonologist? It sounds like u may have had some kind of a fungal infection which then calcified (natural process of our body to heal from fungal infections). They can be asymptomatic or symptomatic like what u r experiencing. Plus histoplasma can be negative if it was a remote infection and has calcified already. U may have whats called fibrosing mediastinitis from past histoplasmosis or another fungal infection. There has not been good evidence how to treat this as it causes fibrosis of the mediastinal structures like pulmonary arteries, veins, bronchi, esophagus etc.

I havent seen your CT or have seen you myself so cant be sure of what u have but from what u r telling me, it sounds like u may have had a fungal infection that healed with calcification thats giving u trouble.

Would advise u see a pulmonologist at a big center like cleveland clinic. I understand u have no insurance but there are social workers in the hospital that can help with the situation and try to get disability..

I'm so sorry u r having all these trouble. It seems like the post was a yr ago. Mayb u've already found someone to help u. (I hope!)

Drs need to check for Myco bacterium avium complex or MAC.