I am 18 and very worried. Four days ago I felt so bad and was coughing up blood and had difficulty breathing. I went to my doctor and he examined me and took my blood for tests. While I am waiting for the results I would like if someone could give me more informations. Could this be lung cancer?

It is smart that you went to your doctor. Coughing up blood and difficulty breathing are symptoms of lung cancer. I can't tell you if this is a case with you, only your doctor can. However, I can help you by giving you basic information on lung cancer. The number one cause for lung cancer is tobacco smoke. Smokers have 10 times greater chance of getting it then non-smokers. But, non-smokers can get it also. Based on their appearance when examined under microscope, there are three main types of lung cancer: small cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma. The symptoms of lung cancer are chronic cough, problems with breathing, weight loss, pain in chest area, excessive fatigue and many others. One of the most significant signs of lung cancer is coughing up blood or haemoptysis. The positive thing is that this symptom usually occurs in early stages of the disease when it is still curable. The sad thing is that a lung cancer is in most cases diagnosed too late. The treatment can involve surgery but only in those patients who don't have severe bronchitis, heart disease or other illnesses.

I think I have those symptoms but I dont havethe money to go to the doctor let alone the insurance. I am not coughing up blood but I feel I could I taste it in my throat evertyime I cough, and the other things I am experiencing is chronic cough, and to top it off I am an asthmatic but it has never bother me to smoke, and I have been smoking for 4 years now. I have some difficulty breathing, but I am not sure what it is I have, it may be just my asthma because of allergy season, if anyone out there could help please do so?? I am begging you. I dont want to die young

In my honest opinion, you are probably fine. But insurance or not, you need to get checked out. And if you are worried about dieing young, get a job with health insurance, and STOP SMOKING!!!!

MD

Its been the 2nd time ive been coughing up blood for 3weeks on going. I havent been to a docter here in Ireland as i think they guess whats wrong with you (so 3rd world, sorry 2 say) I fear the worst as i think its either emphysema or lung cancer, plse help and give me some clarity as im so far away from home (south africa) I think the medical system here is like a circus " pay and go" without any peace of mind wots wrong with you, it seems like they speculate and play with our health which is such a pity as i love ireland :-((( Hope to get some positive feedback regd wot can be wrong with me... ps i dont like 2 admit this but i am a heavy smoker, im 46yrs old
Regards
Sonja

Hey I Been Coughing Up Blood Loosing Weight , And Having Breathing Problems Sometimes, Missing Periods. im scared wats wrong with me,

Does Any1 No Whats Wrong Reply If Possible Please

GOD!! SAME HERE..!!

My Dad has had a regular cough for a while now (at least 6 months). He recently has been coughing up blood and this weekend he coughed up so much that he went into the doctor today. They did an i-ray and saw spots and now they have him in the ICU. They think it may be terberculsios but he has been vaccinated for it. He's in his late 30s and did smoke tobacco for a short period of his life (maybe 3 years and not that often) but his has not done that for 14 years. He also has been having chest pains. If someone could please give me an idea of what might be happening to him please tell me. Also for the meantime; what can we do to help him? Thanks.

What did they find out? What did you have?