I’ve been diagnosed with pulmonary sarcoidosis since 2009. but this is possibly a new symptom I haven’t heard about yet from others. For few months now I’ve been coughing up salty tasting thick phlegm and at first I thought it was just a sinus infection, however I don’t really have any other symptoms that would go with sinus infection or post-nasal drip.

Also, coughing up this salty phlegm is really tough, it can literally leave me out of breath and that’s the main reason I think it’s related to my pulmonary sarcoidosis. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated before I finally get this checked up with my doctor.

I also suffer from pulmonary sarcoidosis. My doctor prescribed me Acetylcysteine 600 mg, abbreviated as ACC or NAC. This drug liquefies mucus, making it easier to cough up. However, you should talk to your doctor before taking it. I hope it helps. Take care!