Hey everyone. I want to ask you what you know about risk factors and causes of bilateral atrial enlargement? There is a huge possibility that I have this diagnose. It is a little bit weird situation because one analysis showed that I have it and the second showed that I don’t have this diagnose. I will definitely do the new test but I believe that the first test was correct.

Now I am not running away from therapies but I am wondering what are the risk factors and causes of it?

Anyone here has this experience?

Share them with me, it doesn’t matter are they negative or positive.

Good day Eric.

Why you are so sure that you have this diagnose? Maybe it is not correct. But I can understand why you are worried. Well, I will try to tell you about this and I hope that you will understand it.

A bilateral atrial enlargement can be caused by some conditions that usually cause your heart to pump harder than usual or they also can damage your heart muscle. In some cases the heart enlarges and becomes very weak, but that is usually for some unknown reasons.

Also, very high blood pressure can cause this. The risks are big if you don’t treat it.

Good day everyone.

Bilateral atrial enlargement means both atria  - the left atria and the right one - and it means that they are enlarged or dilated. As far as we know from our doctors causes of right atrial enlargement include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, mitral valve stenosis, mitral valve regurgitation and pulmonary embolism. The cause depends on the fact are you dealing with problems on the left atrial or the right atrial.

I agree that you can have big problems if you don’t heal it on time. It can cause serious damages to your heart and even the death.

Good luck.

Hey. I totally understand what you are saying to me. I know that it seems unreal that they made a mistake and that is why I believe that the negative test was false. I am sure that I have this diagnose. I will be sure in a couple of days, when I get a test results.

I am not feeling weird, I don't have any unusual symptoms. I only have headaches and dizziness. I was reading about risk factors and I saw that death is possible in this case. I am scared a little bit especially because I already have heart issues. 

Hey everyone. First you need to know what the proper diagnose is before you came with some conclusion. Maybe you are total healthy, maybe they did something wrong and this mistake happened. You are not the only one who had this problem. Other thing is if you are diagnosed with it. In this case you need to be very careful and you need to follow the treatment that your doctor prescribe you. I think that in this case diet program is something that you need to follow, because it can only do well for your health. Good luck there and I hope that everything will be ok.