i had my daughter 10weeks ago and since then i have been back and forth to the ER 5 times, i have been diagnosed with hyperthyriodism, GERD my lastest trip to the ER came because i started to feel as thou my throat was closing in and my breathing started to become quick and rapid, been having chest heaviness and ive been spiting up a lot of mucus so i figured i was having a chest cold and tried to self treat it to avoid going back to the hospital but it turns out that i have Allergies with Asthma related symptoms and have been taking zyrtec now for almost a week and i was also given a inhaller and my symptoms are all still here i feel like my throat is closing in, i can't take deep breaths, still very mucusy, been taking PTU to manage my thyroid and im now wondering if its the meds that im allergic to, i am very desperate, im tired of running to to ER im starting to know all the faces by heart and believe me they are tired of seeing me too, my family doest know what to make of me anymore, they think my symptoms r all in my head and its panic attacks, the worst part of all this is that im missing out on my daughter im with her everyday but im overtaken by the way i feel its all i think about, i was up with my baby at 4am this morning i felt like i was slowly choking and she looked at me and started to smile and kick her arms and legs just so happy and i couldnt apprieciate it because of how im feeling, it really has me down i want to get back to my healthy happy self, any advice, please hellp

i honestly am not sure whether or not having your daughter has anything to do with it, but for me its seasonal allergies. when it gets to the point that you are at, i am usually on Allegra, Claritin D, Mucinex D, and Advil Cold and Sinus. my father has suffered from the same symptoms all his life, and thankfully he has passed on his knowledge to me, but it is still a miserable experience. I would get it checked out by a doctor. (it got really really bad for me one year. when i finally got to the doctor, they said i was only a few hours from my throat completely closing up. i was on a nebulizer 4 times a day, for 2 weeks, plus steriods to open my throat,very powerful painkillers, antibiotics just in case, plus my regular doses of allergy medicine.)

Hi I noticed your post about your throat feeling closed in....I want you to know that I am also here to tell you that I have gone to so many hospitals and they have diagnosed me with hypothyroid, panic attacks, anxiety, GERD, gall bladder problems (which I then had to have it surgecially removed), the list goes on and on.
I wish I could tell you that the same pain you feel that I also feel was one of those things...but I too don't have any control over my pain. The only thing that I have found that works WONDERS is when you feel your throat start to burn....chew two peppermint rolaids....this should give you at least temporary relief for awhile...sometimes it just goes away after doing this, it depends how bad it is.
sorry you're going through this....I definitely understand!
God bless!

I have the same throat closing on and off now almost everyday. I take a homeopathic remedy Apis 30 and I put one pellet in a 500ml bottle of water and i shake it 3 times before taking a sip. If I need more I take another sip in 5 min. My ND has told me that throat closings are usullay related to food alllergies. I hope that this helps.

I know the feeling been having same type for almost two years and haven't been diagnosed yet, even though been back and forth to physicians and the ER.  I read we're cold and sinus medication can put someone at risk for having thyroid problems.  I would love to go back to the day before my symptoms began.  Hope it gets better for you. 

I have been experiencing the same symptoms for 7 weeks now and I am miserable... First I was told I had esophagitis then went to a gastronolagist and he told me he would suspect it to be allergies. Had the test done and I am allergic to many things including food. I am also getting the burning and burping after everything I eat and drink. Sometimes it's so bad it even hurts to drink water. I am taking zantac as I found out I am allergic to protonics. I also have a thyroid issue but according to my doctor that is fine. I am starting a elimination diet in hopes that will cure me. Also I am going in and getting an allergy shot once a week. I will see how that goes and get back to you.

Last March I had my home painted inside. Early in the night I went to the room which was painted my right side of my throat got really tight, I could not breath, my heart started going a hundred miles a minute. Got to the ER they diagnosed me with sleep apnea which has made my heart rhythm go really fast for 10-15 minutes then stops. They put me on heart medicine and a thinner. I also went for sleep apnea testing and it showed I stop breathing 20 times plus each hour. Bad dreams can make this happen also. My CPAP machine helps but I still have an attack (my heart racing which wakes me up-anxiety from dream). This has been going on so long my heart now flips out during the day, especially when someone uses perfume around me my neck tightens badly, my chest gets tight, I feel like passing out, then my heart starts going crazy, then my IBS starts. I have been told I have asthma and this triggers my heart problem and chest problem. Winter is bad for it because the house is not aired out enough, having mouth surgery from bad teeth I have sinus infections a lot. All my problems is on the right side. If one can breath right for whatever reason, it effects you lung and your heart. Over time one ends up with AFIB and once you have it there is no correcting the problem only dealing with it with meds. If AFIB is not caught early it can cause heart damage. Its very important to know if you are not breathing at night (because of allergies, dust, pets, dream anxiety). I have learned from my pulmonary doctor almost everyone has it and does not know it. If your heart does not race (this happens over time from not breathing right) one does not know. I say take the time and go for an AFIB test first, find out then what you are allergic to, and ask your doctor for an inhaler which will not make your heart race (some do). In the past I have had many colds mostly on my right lung, so it is weak already. Colds cause scaring of the lung tissue, this does not help the whole situation. Hope this helps.

I feel my throat close up as well. Nearly on a daily basis. I've been to the emergency room for it at least five times as well as the doctors at least once a month. I used to exercise daily but I feel short of breath constantly. All my tests come back normal..by oxygen level is always okay. I was diagnosed with asthma and allergies unfortunately none of the medication seem to have any effect on me. I hope it gets better for you