Hello, I am Ann! My friend has an autistic child. She and her husband are thinking on having another baby. But, she is very afraid that her next child could be autistic too. Since I know how many difficulties the whole family has I understand her fears. Could autism be prevented?

Hello! Since there is no firm proof what causes autism it is not possible to work on the prevention. When the cause for a disease is known then is easy to work on its prevention but in the case of autism something like that is not possible. If there is already one child with autism in the family it is shown that there are 20% of chances for other children to be autistic as well. Your friend has to talk to her doctor.

If u must vaccinate... Only do what they did in 1980's when autism was 1 in 10,000. There were fewer and far between

1 out of 4 of my kids have autism. 1 out if 4 were vaccinated using 2000 schedule. So I guess I prevented Autism w/ my 3 others having no vaccines