Hello! My friend has an autistic child. The boy is ten years old and my friend spends a fortune to various treatments: acupuncture, chiropractic, massages and many others. She says the results are good but I can’t say I see much improvement. She started with music therapy last week. Are autism therapies effective?

Hello! You should know that there is no cure for autism and no "one-size-fits-all" treatment. Behavioral and communication therapies and drug therapies are most common. A child with autism often responds well to special education programs created by a team of specialists that include variety of activities to improve social skills, communication and behavior. Therapies you mentioned are not scientifically approved that they work, but if she sees some result why not.

Their are effective Autism treatments and Autism has been fully reversed in many cases.The doctors that can do this go by the name DEFEAT AUTISM NOW.Their are several hundred Defeat Autism Now (DAN) doctors.Another doctor with a similar approach is Dr. Amy Yasko.Her website is Holistichealth.com. The treatments that you mentioned could be used as small adjucts, but the doctors I've mentioned are using the most beneficial and successful therapies.But the kid needs to get started ASAP.The longer you wait the harder it is to get recovered.A very informative website that mentions these doctors is Generationrescue.com