Hello! I am very ashamed, but I need to talk with someone. Namely, I have problem with loss of bowel control. This is one more problem for me, because I already have diabetes and diabetic neuropathy. I do not know what cause of loss of bowel control is, but I am suspecting on diabetic neuropathy. Please, help me with this.

Hello! I think that you are right, but you must contact your doctor about this problem. Diabetic neuropathy can lead to loss of bowel control, because cause of loss of bowel control can be damaged nerves. I can tell you that you should try healthy diet; you should drink 2 liters of fluid a day. Your doctor probably will prescribe you loperamideor codeine phosphate. If drugs do not help, then surgery will, so you should not be worried about of this.

I totaly get you! I have been suffering from periferal neuropathy for five years now. I am 38 and the cause is unknown. I have been through every test imaginable. I don't have diabetes. I've never had kemo. Lately I am having trouble controling my bowels and bladder. My neuropathy is rather progressed. I have it in my entire legs, arms up to my shoulders, part of my stomach and part of my head. I think it's all a part of the terrible progression of the disease! I might be wrong though, because I am ashamed to ask my doctor about the bowels and bladder.

Yes, you are right. I have had diabetes since I was 17, had a kidney, pancreas transplant 17 years ago. I am having terrible bowel incontentence. It's about the most embarrassing thing ever. I have been to every doc possible and get no answers. They say it is neuropothy, but have no help except a colostomy, but this will not solve the whole problem. I'm about ready to have a nervous breakdown worring about whether or not to have the operation.

Is this the surgery you are talking about? I do drink lots of fluids. What exactly do you mean by a healthy diet? Thanks.

If you care for yourself, you need to speak with numerous professionals and not be ashamed!! Who else is going to fight for you?