I have a herniated disc and I've seen several times that this may be accompanied by loose bowel movements and weak bladder control.
I also have those problems, could it be my herniated disc that is causing the bowel and bladder problem?

I am currently suffering from herniated disks in L1 and L2. Although I haven't had runny bowels, I have had to rush to the bathroom a few times with a weak bladder. My doctor says that if you experience these symptoms, seek attention as soon as possible. He asked me about it over adn over as if it were a serious affect of the herniation. Good luck with your recovery.

I suffer similarly if the event is a serious one. My disc herneates after work-induced long periods without exercise. I can normally catch it now before it gets really bad, and do a few exercises to relieve the symptoms. If I manage to catch it in time, I do not get the loose stools, but if it really pops, I get the whole lot. Total imobility, unimaginable discomfort and loose stools. Funny no-one in the medical profession seems to recognise the syndrome, but it most definitely exists!
Good luck, keep exercising and stay vigilant.