I had my gallbladder removed (laproscopic) and about one week later, my mouth (lips, gums, tongue), hands, and feet had feelings of pins/needles + burning + numbness.  Unfortunately, it is still present one year later, and I feel it in my back, arms and legs also.  The feeling is present 100% of the time.

Any known connection?  The surgoen stated he knew nothing, but did note the gallbladder was attached in two places rather then the normal one location.

I have been through many doctors, bloodwork, MRI, etc as you might imagine.

Thanks

Has one of the Vagus Nerves been injured?

I too had all over same symptoms after having my fall bladder removed. Pins and needles all over my body, headache, weakness and dizziness too. They keep trying to tell me it's stress and anxiety but I feel it can't be. Let me know if u find anything out. Good luck

LorNew - We seem to be a rare breed. I am idiopathic at this point. I would like to know some of your details to see exactly how similar we are.

What areas did you start feeling the PN symptoms?  Have they progressed?  Are you taking any meds or vitamins and do they work?

Unfortunately mine seems to be a gradual progression to other areas of the body.  I am on 3600 mg gabapentin/day.  The latest the neurologist has done is a skin biopsy which showed: "The skin biopsy revealed normal nerve fiber counts, but the calf sweat glands showed less number of small fibers which can be seen with small fiber neuropathy."  Not certain what that says other than yes, looks like I have small fiber PN.

Next, I hope to head to the Mayo Clinic in MN, let me know if you want more info.

I would like to know more about your condition? I seem to have most of the same problems. Is there any way that I can get in touch with you?

My feet hurt 24/7 and nothing seems to help. It has been nine months of pure hell.....

Thanks

I also had my gallbladder removed and one week later my feet hurt ( burning, pins and needles, feels like there on fire, constant pain ) 24/7 . Now I can barely walk . I was wondering how you are doing? And if you and jwkath spoke. I would really like to get in touch with someone who has this problem and what they are doing or taken to ease the pain.

Please reply, Thanks

Skullie

OMG- guys I'm exactly where your are but I also have a tingling burning tongue that causes me the most misery on a daily basis that I believe is related to some type of nerve disorder- I had my gall bladder removed in July 2012 now 7 months later I'm still I'll- not even close to being who I once was- the gut-r-done type a workaholic who had such passion for life and looked toward a future- each day I struggle with depression and fear knowing this symptom will not let me go- I do not like just treating the symptoms I want - like the rest of you- to know what's causing this - however to complicate matters I noticed NO feet leg neuropathy before the surgery but did have tongue tingling and burning but it was random came and went- it was two weeks after the GB surgery that my mouth exploded

Hi, maybe we can talk about this over the phone, since I have had no responses from the other replies. Please let me know through my email

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

. This whole idea of having my gallbladder removed and all these problems a week later makes me wonder. What the hell is really going on!

Hope to hear from you!!

Do you guys smoke? And did it help the pins and needle neuropathy go away if you quit? I've had neuropathy for over 7 years and pain all the time, even on pain meds like morphine 60mg 4 times a day don't help much. My life sucks. I lost my job a few years ago, my wife left me and went back to Russia, before joining the homeless I went to Germany to live with my Son, but after 90 days I have to leave, then what? I would love to work I also was a workaholic putting in at times 7 12 hour days in a row. Now I'm just a shadow of the man I use to be, I thought about ending it many times. I feel for anybody with this terrible painful disease,and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. God help everyone of you.

Do you still have the burning pain? If so, has it progressed? Would like to hear from you.

I am not a smoker and my life sucks too. I did not think this could get worse but it does. Are you still in extreme pain?

Happened to me. Had my Gallbladder out 6 months ago. Within a week I had tingling on the tip of my tongue & on the bottom of both feet. Went for a brain MRI to rule out MS. Am scheduled for more MRI's and nerve tests but will probably not go. Went to a physical Therapist who has really improved my condition. He is doing nerve flossing exersizes & stretches which have given me tremendous improvement. Hope this helps someone.

I thought I would be the only one going thru such situation! I feel so many stuff is not even funny any more.

Hi all, I was diagmosed carpal tunnel syndrome early Sept after a neurology and a NEC test to confirm the diagnosis in Aug. End of Aug started with exhaustion...3 weeks later, with arthritis pain in my hands and feet . After a month of nsaids and 20mg amitriptyline, and splints for my wrists, the arthritis -like pain is nearly gone except for a couple of nodules which are tender all the time, abdominal distension and dull pain under my right rib & constant prickly numb and painful feet.
I live in the UK and here, unless your GP refers you to a specialist or blood tests, nothing happens.
Then last week my GP ordered more bloods which show high liver enzyme activity, low vit D (deficiency ) & pre -diabetes. ...the doctors decision? Give me a strong supplement of vitamin D to up my blood vit D levels.
Like yourselves, I am not content with pain killers and supplements. Up to now, besides working full time as an analyst, I've also done in my free time, salsa dancing, walking /camping, exercising at the gym, ate a healthy diet and sleep plenty. In the last year, I've put on weight and went up 1size despite dieting and the gym.
My lifestyle doesn't explain the numbness and prickly symptoms , nor the vit D deficiency, pre diabetes and liver enzyme increase!
So I researched the Internet medical websites and all my symptoms including peripheral neuropathy (tingling feet or body parts ) are related to hypothyroidism which is low function of the thyroid.
My suggestion therefore is that you go back to your doctor and insist on thyroid tests or a referral to an endocrinologist.
I am going to insist until I get my thyroid and endocrine system checked; especially that there is a family history of hypothyroidism and early onset alzheimers in my dad's side of the family.
❤ Good luck with your tests and I wish you all good health. Blessings x Lucia Asturias

Oh wow glad I'm not the only one I've noticed tingling in my right foot up my right leg an my right arm an fingers I to had my gallbladder removed but only 2 weeks ago!!!! I have no idea what the hell it is my bf tells me to go to the GP but I keep for getting to does it get better can it Eva go away ? Mines only just started but feels like it's getting worse