Hello! I have diabetes and I am afraid that I will get diabetic neuropathy. I have lost sense in my fingers in toes, so, I am concerned that I already got diabetic neuropathy. Just to be sure about this, can you tell me how does diabetic neuropathy affect the body? What I should to do to fight against it? Thank you!

Hello! Unfortunately, I think that you are right. I think that your nerves are damaged. This can be very dangerous, because you cannot feel pain in your extremities. So, if you cannot notice if you have injured. Also, you may fill pains in your legs; you can have diarrhea or constipation, etc. To prevent diabetic neuropathy you should do next: if you are overweight, you should lose weight; also, you must take your blood sugar under control as much as possible; pay attention on your cholesterol, too.