I noticed that my feet started to swell specially in the evenings. First I thought that it can not be anything serious but my friend told me that it may be sign of some serious disease. He thinks it can be sign of peripheral neuropathy. Does peripheral neuropathy cause feet to swell?

Well, peripheral neuropathy definitely can cause feet to swell but also it can be sign of many other diseases. You should know that peripheral neuropathy is a disease in which the nerves of the body are injured and it usually progress very slowly. If your feet continue to swell, maybe you should go to doctor.

I'M HAVING NUMB AND TINGLING PAIN ON MY LEG AND FEET. I'TS

NEARLY 1 YRS AFTER MY BYPASS OPERATION IN MARCH 2011.

I HAVE A DIABETES AND FEET SWELL AFTER A LONG DAY DRIVE.

my feet swell in the afternoons and evenings...I thought it as water retention, but was just diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy. The worst part about that is the inability to wear real shoes i.e., I wear CROCKS. Real shoes are so painful... I am not diabetic but had sever LYME disease...

I find standing and/or walking just a short distance is very painful and difficult. Driving hurts too...the ball of the foot especially. I'm sorry anyone has to suffer from this affliction...Trying to sleep at nite with the burning and the electric shock pains ae sometimes unbearablet

I had prostrate cancer and I had 38 radiation treatments and about a Month after these treatments my feet started to become very painfull. It felt like I was wakling in steel and I recieved sharp needle like pains in my feet as I slept. Even silk socks on my feet feel like cement. My feet hurt constantly but much more at night.  I need pain meds just to get along. It's so bad that at times I wonder why I even carry on.