I heard that diabetic neuropathy has something to do with the small blood vessels in people who have any type of diabets, but beyond that I have no knowledge of this condition. Would someone be so kind to clarify what exactly causes diabetic neuropathy for me please? I am also interested in knowing what diabetics can do to prevent diabetic neuropathy?

If you have diabetes, your blood sugar levels are too high. Over time, this can damage the covering on your nerves or the blood vessels that bring oxygen to your nerves. Damaged nerves start to function slower than normal, or stop functioning at all. As much as half of people who have diabetes get diabetic neuropathy in weaker or in stronger form. But diabetic neuropathy can be prevented by controlling your blood sugar can help prevent nerve problems, or keep them from getting worse. When disease has already started treatment usually includes pain relief medicines. Do, diabetes itself is the cause of this condition.