Im 22yo male. I've been suffering with frequent urination for the past 5 years. I've seen my urologist many times and nothing was found. I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and was prescribed metformin. I've got no results so I'm wondering what are some alternatives that can help stop this nuisance. I've also heard some diabetic medicines cause weight gain. I'd like to know more about those as well.

I am assuming that your blood glucose is now under control with metformin. So your frequent urination at this time may have had nothing to do with your type 2 diabetes, and other diabetic medications would not have been helpful. Since you have had this condition for five years, and during that time, diabetes was not the diagnosis until recently, other causes may have been responsible. These may include interstitial cystitis, bladder dysfunction, and bladder cancer.