I had a miscarriage 7 weeks ago It felt like a normal period and last only about 4-5 days. The doctors did blood work and my hcg levels were low I was told I miscarried. However I have the symptoms as if I'm pregnant and I took a pregnancy test. My friend told me it could have been my last period and not a miscarriage. Help!!! What could this possibly mean?

Hi Guest,

It's not uncommon for you to test positive for pregnancy AFTER having a miscarriage.  It does take some time for the hormone levels, hCG, that the test looks for to decrease enough to not be detected.  Basically - the test isn't instantaneous.

How long you'd read positive depends on how long you were pregnant and other factors.  It is also possible you are now pregnant.

See your doctor.  They can do a quantitative blood test, verifying that the levels are dropping.  The home tests are qualitative, just is the hormone present or not.

Good luck

Thank you for responding back helped a bunch!!