Right here goes, I've tried to post before but to no avail, didn't get much feedback which is quite annoying, so I'm hoping people will give me their views this time.

I started my last pack of pills on 4 July, on 9 July I missed a pill (took 17 hours late). A week later on 16 July I had unprotecd sexual intrcourse and ejaculation occured. On 20 July I started feeling a little funny and had a very tiny bit of light brown discharge, then on 21 July when I woke in the morning I was feeling dizzy and faint, for the next week or so I kept feeling a little nauseus in the morning. I took a first response preg test 4 days before my period, it was negative. Anyway my period was due on 28 July and low an behold I started bleeding and had the normal period pains that I get. The bleeding did not seem to be light it was normal, it was heavy on 28 July, I had to change my tampon quite often and the same on 29 July. With the bllod I also once got a bit of clear stretchy like film. What could this be? On 30 July it got a little lighter but was still bleeding, on 31 July I was still bleeding but lighter as though I was coming to the end of my period, the bleeding stopped that night. On 1 August I started my new pack of pills and took another preg test, that too was negative. Since 28 July I have had none of the symptoms I was having just after intercourse but I'm sometimes getting little aches on and off just around my navel and was bloated for a week after my period. What could this be? I am also getting normal white discharge not thick or smelly, I usually get this anyway, is this normal and can it be a sign or pregnancy? I would be in 5th week of pregnancy now but I've not got swollen breasts or anything. Do you think it's likely that I am pregnant.? I don't feel pregnant but its just the aches around the navel area that are worrying me. Apologies for such a long winded topic but I would very much appreciate your views on this. Thank you!

Ok,you missed a pill but didn't have unprotected sex for another week?and you got your period?I think your in the clear.If you have taken 2 hpt's since then and they are negative you can stop worrying! : )

Thats correct I took the pill 17 hours late on 9 July, so didn't actually miss it, then had unprotected sex on 16 July. I usually have my period on the Friday of the 7 dasy break and it came on the Friday 28th and I bled til the 31 July. It seemed normal but I am still worried as people on here have been saying that you can get a period and be pregnant.

I took a First Response HPT 4 days before period and another the day after I had finished my period (both negative)and I've heard their pretty good.

Period came 12 days after the unprotected sex, took last preg test 16 days after nprotected sex so would that have been too soon for the preg test to show positive?

you cannot get your period while you are pregnant.You can however bleed and people refer to that as being a period.It was not too early to test for pregnancy.I think you have no reason to worry if you tested and have also gotten your period.Periods are also abnormal while on birth control until your body gets use to the cycle.I don't think you are but if your that worried test if you miss your next period! : )

I'm just hoping it was my period that I got. When you say a woman can bleed, roughly how much blood are we talking and can it last for 4 days? I also got period pains. Would this happen if you just bled because of the pregnancy?

Sorry to ask all these questions, I am just very worried, as my stomach keeps bloating, then going down, then bloating again which is causing me to have very bad wind and I am getting a bit more indigestion than usual. The last two nights I have woken up about 5am in the morning and felt a bit nauseaus. I would be into the 5th week of pregnancy now, what symptoms should I be expecting if I am pregnant? Should by breasts be swollen by now?