Hello, folks. I have been recently on some minor surgical procedure and I got rash just from surgical tape. My doctor said it could be allergy. However, I would also like to know that if I’m allergic to surgical tape, am I allergic to latex also? I would really be grateful for this piece of info.

Hello. There is a possibility that you are allergic to latex as well. Latex is a product from the sap of the rubber tree. It is durable, flexible and low cost. Many medical materials are made of latex. However, there is an alternative for this. Those are: vinyl, silicone and plastic. You can consider these materials. I think you should get tested for this just to be sure. Good luck!

Hallo,
I think that these two are very similar so in my opinion I think that you are allergic to latex as well. Can you tell me if you have used anything that has latex in it? If you used it I know that your skin should’ve had the reaction. You skin would most likely have a red rash and in some cases you will notice swellings as well. People often notice this when they get in touch with latex condom which causes them to have more problems. I hope that you will find a solution to your problem and that this helped you in any possible way.

All the best to you,
Karen

hello im allergic to adhesives, latex, neoprene rubber, elastic, even spandex and just got silicone added to the list i was wondering if there was one ingredient i could say was in all these items so i knew what i was allergic to its like now i got a list of symptoms and no cause i wanted the cause any idea what is in all these items so maybe i can find the underlining cause thank you in advance