Hello. I have been keeping my cat for few years. However, I have suddenly become allergic to her. I start sneezing and coughing every time I go near her. How is that possible? I would really want to know this. I hope someone will know the answer. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. The tricky thing about allergies is that they can appear at any part of our life. Even if you have been in a contact with allergen, it doesn’t mean that you won’t get an allergy to this allergen. That is probably what happened to you. You can get tested. In that way, you will surely know whether you are allergic or not. It will be the best thing to do. I hope everything will be all right and that this is only false alarm.. Good luck! Bye!

Well,
You have to understand that allergies are something that you have over some time. The fact that you become allergic to your cat just suddenly means that you always had a small amount of allergic reaction which you didn’t even notice until this reaction became stronger all of the sudden. I would suggest that you go to your doctor and do an allergy test to see what are you allergic to. I know that there are some medication that might help with the allergy, but I think that you will have to give the cat to someone else. I hope that this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel

I've had allergies off and on since I was 16, living in a tropical climate, there were alot of things to be allergic too, I had an allergy test where they draw a graph on your back then inject allergens in every square, then see which ones showed a reaction. I also developed nasal polyps, I've had three surgeries to have them removed, my cats were partly to blame, my doctor suggested getting rid of them and also remove carpet and replace with hardwood floors. It worked.