The day after my period ended myself and my partner had unprotected sex. We have two sons already and are not trying to conceive bear in mind. Two weeks after we had sex i started to get cramps and feel sick which lasted two to three days but stopped. I feel tired, irritable, bloated and seem to be eating alot. I took two pregnancy tests which both came back negative but i took these two and a half weeks after we had unprotected sex. I'm due my period in seven days. The day that we had sex i had sticky like stringy discharge and have had it alot since. Could I be pregnant?

Hi Guest,

You dont ovulate until straight after your period. You ovulate 14days before your next period is due, so pregnancy isnt likely at all. If you've completed your family why not ask your partner to have the snip or have your uterus removed so you cant get pregnant and wont get periods but this wont send you into menopause because you still have your ovaries.

We are still in our twenties so I don't think getting the snip or anything is an option as we may still want more kids in the future. We usually use condoms but it was "heat of the moment" that we didn't. I have read that it is possible to get pregnant a day after your period has stopped on the net as it has also happened to a friend of mine. I have also read that Everywoman ovulates at different times.