Hello, folks. My friend has been recently discovered with a brain tumor. He was treated with radiation and I would like to know one thing. Is it possible that a brain tumor can be cured after radiation? I would really appreciate your efforts to answer my question. Thanks in advance, guys. Bye!

Hello, there. It all depends which type of brain tumor your friend has. In general, most of the brain tumors are not sensitive to radiation. Surgery and chemotherapy are more popular options. However, if the tumor is sensitive, the growth can be stopped. Medulloblastoma is one of the rare brain tumors that are radio-sensitive. But, I doubt this type is your friend’s since it is common for kids. Some tumors of hypophisis are also sensitive to radiation. I hope your friend will feel better. I wish him all the best. Bye!