Hello, my friends. Unfortunately, I have recently found out that our friends child has a brain tumor. It seems that he will probably go for brain radiation therapy. I would like to know whether this kind of treatment can be delayed for a while. What are your acknowledgments? Thanks for all your help.

Hello to you too. I think that doctors don’t hurry when it comes to brain radiation therapy with kids. If they can’t avoid it, they at least delay it. They want to make sure that the child’s brain recovers from surgery or chemotherapy. On the other hand, some studies show that it is better not to avoid radiation. There is a greater chance for surviving. Especially it is valid if it combined with chemotherapy. Of course, a right dose must be used. I think the best way is to consult with doctors. They will decide which option is the best between surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. They might recommend the combination of all three.