Hello, there. I have recently found out that my cousin has a brain tumor. I won’t tell you how stressed I was. Doctors suggested radiation therapy treatment. I would like to know what that is. It would be great if someone could fill me in with more details. Thanks in advance.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that. Radiation therapy treatment for brain tumor is used when surgery can’t help. I guess that is the case with your cousin. Radiation effects both tumor and healthy cells, but it has a better effect on the first ones. Radiation has an effect on cells that divide quickly like tumor cells, hair cells, hematopoietic cells and the cells of the intestinal epithelium. That is why this treatment has its side effects. There is hair loss, irritation of the skin, nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, gearing problems and neurological problems. Fatigue is something that is very often as side effect. I hope I’ve given you some useful info. Good bye!