My mother has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, and we all know that memory loss is a big part of this condition. I think I remember seeing something about techniques to keep your memory intact for longer on Gray's Anatomy or some other medical series on TV. Do you have any tips on how not to lose memory? I would be ever so grateful.

She could try and train her memory by doing as many puzzle like activities as possible. You could even buy her a Nintendo DS with brain training exercises and games. I am not saying that this will prevent your mom from losing her memory, but it could delay things significantly. I hope that helps.

Hi. My grandpa suffered from Alzheimer's for a long time, and I am convinced that taking Cod Liver Oil helped his memory remain functional for a lot longer. Please do prepare yourself that your mom will eventually lose her memory though, as that is just what Alzheimer's does to you. You might want to check out a family members' and friends' support group for Alzheimer's.