Based on your ideal of creature comforts within and around your home, do you think you pick a place in the past and say yep I can handle it with no problems?

If the answer is Yes where would the ideal period in time be?

I don't think I could do it, but know in extrems situations we can do almost anything.

S99

Based on what we see in movies it sounds like an ideal thing to try. However from real history stories I don't think I would like it much. Movies generally don't show us the horrible sanitary conditions in cities or the general living conditions. They only show nice clean homes and such. There are many aspects I would like such as operating a trolley car or steam train but even those jobs were not as romantic as one might think.

I'd of made one hell of a pioneer. I could do without most of todays amenities and live just fine.

Do you remember the TV show where they took several families and set them down in the wilderness for a while? I don't remember how long but it was months. At the end they were rated on how well they were prepared to survive the upcoming winter. I think it was a PBS show.

can i bring my computer and music? (or does that mean i fail...)

Could i physically do it? I'm sure i'd adapt.
Do i really want to? Not so much.

So, maybe the 1950's or so, not much farther back than that.

I'm sure I could if push came to shove, but why would I want to? They don't call them modern conveniences for nothing. No A/C? No music or TV? No high tech runnign shoes? Cooking food over a fire you start yourself? Covered wagons? That sounds like torture.

Yes I would. I have done a lot of genealogy research on my family.

I would like to go back and be with My 2G Grandfather and family. They had a prominant working farm in Bristol Twp. WI (Kenosha) and it still beautifully stands today. He was a Civil War Vet and lived a good life. Died tragically though by being struck by a train. Our family line did ok and had good health in general. I would just like to go back and meet them. Then I could meet my grandfather as a boy too! He's my inspiration for many things.

I would not want to be my 9G grandfather, he was killed by Indians in Amesbury, Mass.

Yeah I could. Probably the 1980s, or even ancient history like the 1970s :o

The 70s, great years. William Penn, ice cubes, water, skinny dipping in friends pools, wonderful years.

Yes, and I would RULE!

Nope. I'd be giving up way more than amenities. I would be giving up the right to vote and own land. The ability to be a single woman without being mocked. The ability to go to college without a fight.

I think I am grateful I wasn't born any earlier than now. I am way too outspoken to have fit into society well.

If we're just talking amenities, I think I could survive.

I've seen one of those shows before. I think I'd like to live in the "Wild West" . That time has always intrigued me.

the 1940's or 50's for me