What would you like to be doing five years form now?
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Now more importantly, what do you think you will be doing five years from now?

I would love to be retired after I hit the lottery buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt that will never happen so..................

I will hopefully be slowly working my way up the ladder of management at my company or working my way up the Computer Programmer ladder.

Probably working for the same company I work for now. Maybe in a different position, but I dunno.

Part 1: Professionally: I see myself with the same organization, but in a higher capacity Personally: Since I will be forty, I guess planning my pending mid-life crisis Part 2: Professionally: I have no plans to leave my position that I am in, so I think I will still be there Personally: Choosing between a red or black Corvette

Professionally I think in 5 years I'd like to at least have my foot in the door of a law office or corporate legal department, and I think I will accomplish this.

Academically I will have 2-3 semesters of college to finish up if I stay on course, although if I do end up getting a job when Jake is in K or 1st grade, this might not be the case since I might only be able to take 2 instead of 3 classes. There's no real way for me to know how this will go at this point. I've also thought about putting off getting into a work environment for 4 or so years, so I could take more classes and finish earlier. Decisions, decisions.

Personally, I have no idea. The kids will be 16, almost 12, and 8. I will be 38, the hubby will be 43. Hopefully we'll have the 2nd mortgage paid, I'll be in a newer car, and I will still be married to hubby. Again, no real way to know how things will turn out.

What I would LIKE to be doing: professionally, practicing therapy, teaching psychology part time, finishing up my doctoral dissertation and furthering my goal to save the world ;)

Personally, I would like to be running my first 100 mile ultra and would like to finally be settled somewhere instead of constantly wondering where else I'd like to live besides where I am.

What is more likely to happen: I'll definitely be finished my Masters Degree, doing therapy and teaching, the doctorate remains to be seen. I may decide to take a year or so off to work before I go back for the PhD.

Professionally - no idea. I'm happy teaching at the moment. I think I will have switched to Special Ed long before 5 years.

Personally - still running, I'll let you know about these longer distances after I get marathon #1 out of the way in a few months. I'll be darn close to finishing the doctorate, and hubby will be within a few years of his retirement. Since he won't be 50 yet, he can begin his 3rd career so I'll avoid jealousy...

hmmm :? 5 years from now?
-probably still in school as a doctoral or postdoctoral student doing research-maybe overseas if finances allow
-moved out of parents' home and living out on my own
-running? Probably doing much longer distance races than now-half and full marathons, even an ultra?
-Ill like to do triathlons as well, maybe finishing my 1st Ironman...

what i want: to be in an established career. what exactly, not sure; maybe doing some educational/field research at a zoo. to have a nice house, be married to the bf or at least on the way... and that (if we are still together) the bf is making enough money with the construction gig that i dont have to worry about how much i make and do whatever pitifully paying science job i want...

whats reality: dont know. will def be done with the undergrad thing and will have some time as a field researcher under my belt. will propbably find a grad school with a program that i love. may or may not be in atl anymore...im gonna see where any potential jobs take me and what happens with the bf...

I would like to be a nurse, possibly in school working towards becoming a nurse practitioner. I also think I will be doing this.

I would like to have another healthy and beautiful child.
Fly a perfect schedule at work
celebrate 9 years of marriage in the Cayman Islands
hopefully I will have qualified for Boston
have my mom live in Arizona
have my family be in good health and active

Professionally: I hope to be making more money than i am now, but i can't see where i'll be working.

Personally: Probably married. I hope to have run (or be in training for) a marathon.

Professionally - if they continue with early out, I could be retired. Which would mean we get ready to sell the house and move (but we're not sure where).

Personally - Between my wife, my best friend, and JACKED UP, I had better have BQ and run it!

8O

"I don't know, Rose. I don't know where I've been, and I don't know where I'm going."

I would like to be at a happier place in my heart and mind. I have so much uncertainty as to where I'll be and how I'll be living...I just don't know? I think about this question, "where you'd like to be", all of the time.

I see myself working again, living on my own, starting over, and trying to raise my kids as best as I can. It's just all hard to say right now. That's all.