When I came across the Velvet Matte Lipstick from NYX in a bright blue (with a lip liner also available in the same shade!), I just had to get it! They've got other odd colors too, like a darker blue with glittery bits and a Christmas green shade, but the blue really stood out to me. Since I got it, I've actually come across quite a few mentions of blue lipstick so it seems popular at the moment. 

One thing is that though I love the color, I'm not sure what my makeup should be like when I wear it. Any kind of pink/red based blush looks odd with it, but so does not wearing any blush. 

Anyway, what do you think about blue lipstick? Would you buy it? What would you think if you saw someone else wearing it? What makeup would you pair this with?

Blue lipstick is really cool, and odd. I also came across it in that shop. I do think it looks pretty cool. I did not buy it though. Do you think I should? I have never really seen blue lipstick before. I am into pink lipstick right now, but maybe blue will look good on me too.  The Christmas green shade sounds nice! I think that shade might look nice.  I'm not sure what you can wear with it.  It might look a bit weird. I think I wouldn't really buy it for me. I like pink more. I think the green lipstick is pretty cool!

I like blue lips as well — so cool!

I tried a few on though and I found that on my lips at least, the matte doesn't do the color justice. There's something about blue and matte that conspires to make slightly dry lips just look cracked and nasty, even where the same exact lipstick in a red shade doesn't. In the end, I settled on Anastasia Beverly Hills, the Liquid Lipstick in Paint. The shade is a little darker than most and it looks a whole lot better on me. The finish is nice too.

I think blue lipstick is really cool. Are you talking about dark or sea blue? Either way, I really like the thought of that. Maybe you need some eyeshadow to go with that too. You have to adapt what you wear as well, I'd wear something yellow if I was wearing blue lipstick! Considering I am a slightly older lady I think it would be even better. I do not normally wear lipstick but I love the thought of covering myself with war paint and having people look at me slightly weirdly.

Another voice... yeah, blue lipstick is awesome. As for what other makeup to wear with blue lipstick, I'm telling you, head over to Google images for inspiration! I did notice loads of people don't apply blusher with it or if they do... it's more likely to be an earthy brown tone than anything else and often with loads of highlighter applied. Eyeshadow, I've seen dark purple, a very light pink, or white with blue blended out at the edges. All look real awesome... But another option would be just a cat flick without any eyeshadow, and that looks great too. Haven't seen silver but that sounds cool with me as well. 

These are some really good tips I think! I have nothing against the idea of blue lipstick though I wouldn't, say, wear it to an important work meeting because my workplace isn't that open-minded, but on a fun night out with friends? Sure, why not?

But I'd want it to be part of an overall coordinated look, and not just blue lipstick looking all out of place, if you know what I mean. I

I am still not sure I'd choose it but I'm curious enough to look at the pictures.

What about green lipstick, orange lipstick, bright yellow lipstick? There's so many different shades out on the market in just regular shops right now, it's so cool! I love those instagram lips, with glitter, sparkles, and weird stuff like that as well, but I could honestly never pull that off with a straight face in public. For a picture? Yeah. In real life? Nah, probably not. I'm wondering how many of you have worn or seen others wear these trends in a normal daily setting? Not me. At a party or a club, yeah maybe, but just like that? No. I'd love it if everyone went round like the Capitol citizens from Hunger Games. So cool!

Meh, I'm not loving this trend. I don't think blue lipstick is very flattering on most skin tones and I could definitely not imagine a scenario outside perhaps Halloween or a masked ball where I would even remotely consider wearing blue lipstick myself. This is more for the run way perhaps, not for real life. I am sure there is no dress code against blue lipstick at my work but I'm also sure I'd get some very awkward looks if I showed up like that. It's just not professional looking.