Hi!

I've heard great things about vitamin C serums in general. Personally, I'd like younger-looking, healthier-looking, tighter skin and I'd also hope that a vitamin C serum would rid me of the dark circles I perpetually seem to have under my eyes. 

Not all vitamin C serums are the same though. I have also read some confusing information about vitamin C being an unstable compound that oxidizes quickly. This renders the serum useless. I would like something with a fairly long shelf life. Not very expensive, but not the cheapest one either. I want to go for quality. 

Do you have any recommendations for me?

Skinceuticals CE Ferulic is the serum everyone is raving about. It has excellent reviews. It's great that so many of their customers are so very happy with the Skinceuticals serum, because it is very expensive. There is another serum, Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C+E serum 15%, that is almost universally said to be nearly exactly the same as the Skinceuticals serum. This one is most cheaper. It has a slightly worse pH level, but if you do not notice any irritation on your skin as a result of using it, then that is a sign it works for you. Many people build up gradually, using it only once every few days at first and then moving on to daily use. Hope that helps!

Like the previous poster already said, Skinceuticals and Cosmetic Skin Solutions are among the most reputable Vitamin C serums out there. 

You can also look into:

• Serumtologie Vitamin C Serum (22%, the highest content available)
  • Oz Naturals Vitamin C Serum
  • Foxbrim Vitamin C Serum for Face

There are also powders, such as the one made by Philosophy, which can be added to any skincare product including the moisturizer you use. These formulations are more stable and certainly worth investigating further. 

I would simply take the serums mentioned so far and read about them. The higher the cost, the more you should probably read before making a purchasing decision. 

I am nearly 50. After using anti-wrinkle creams of various types, I decided it was time to add some "oomph" to my skin care. I decided to opt for Serumtologie C Serum 22, which has a very nice reputation at a fraction of the cost of some other serums on the market. I was told that Vitamin C serum could deliver results rather quickly, but I was still not prepared for how quickly it happened, nor was I convinced that I would notice a difference at all. Within a week, yes, a week, I had tighter and brighter looking skin. The most dramatic improvement I have noticed has been in the neck. That "turtle neck" was preventing me from wearing open blouses much at all. Now, I am happy to skip my scarves. I would highly recommend this serum.

Hiya,

I''ve been kinda in love with Dr Organic stuff lately. Did a search, yeah, and it don't seem that that make any vitamin C serums, which surprised me a bit. I have heard of all the serums mentioned in previous post but being curious what the organic options are (besides putting organic lemon juice on your face, LOL), I did a search and came up with Kleem Organic Vitamin C Serum for Face. This also has hyaluronic acid, another neat ingredient that really does the skin some good. No experience with it mind you, so I thought I'd drop in here and ask if someone has experience with this??? 

Have you heard of the Valentia Vitamin C Serum? This is less talked about than some of the other vitamin C serums already mentioned here, but has done me a lot of good. At 20 percent, it offers a higher concentration than many others, and in addition it also contains ingredients that help the skin absorb the vitamin C content more easily as well as a moisturizing component. My skin does look brighter and younger, so I am pleased with this product.

Celebrity

The best vitamin C serums don't contain a whole bunch of other, unrelated and synthetic ingredients. So you really need to be looking at the whole ingredient list, not just at the Vitamin C content. Also keep in mind that the more your serum is exposed to air, the less it will do for your skin — vitamin C is unstable stuff. 

Could you look into these serums?

• Serumtologie Vitamin C Serum (22 percent). This is often talked about as one of the best vitamin C serums on the market overall. It is vegan, more stable than some other serums, and does not contain synthetic harsh chemicals. It is also endorsed by doctors. 

• OZ Naturals Vitamin C Serum (20 percent). Again, this is organic and natural. Many users are incredibly happy about this product. It contains other active ingredients, but all are organic. It is also cruelty free. 

• VoilaVe Triple Action Vitamin C Serum contains three different forms of vitamin C and is still well-loved by many. There are no parabens and the bottle design makes air exposure pretty much impossible. It also comes with a money back guarantee. 

All of these serums are reputable and good. It is up to you to decide which one you would like to try.

Rosie

I'm replying to thank you for sharing those. All of those look excellent though it is still really hard to decide where to start, but I really like the thought of the serum that has three different kinds of vitamin C with the bottle that keeps the formula stable. That is important to me, that it is long lasting. I have also heard that it is best to start with a lower concentration. Do you know something about that? As someone who has never used a vitamin C serum before, do you think this Triple Action thing is the right choice for me then?

Hey,

Have you heard about the Philosophy turbo booster C powder? It comes as a powder, as you can see from the name, and you mix a scoop and a half of the powder with whatever moisturizer or serum you are using. Because it comes in powder form, it remains stable. I don't use it every day and don't think I need to. Three times a week mixed into my moisturizer is great. I have dry skin and sometimes use a little extra on the very dry spots, which is not something I heard anyone else doing but it seems to be working. I like this powder a lot. Perhaps you would too?

Oh, Skinceuticals, without a doubt! This is the most talked-about vitamin C serum on the market for very good reasons! Yes, it's definitely expensive, but it is the leading brand in vitamin C serums because it works. The results are proven, and they have a patent so nobody can copy the ingredients and formulation exactly. In other words, this is the one you need if you really want to see improvement to your skin. I don't know anybody and I don't know of anybody who was unhappy after buying the Skinceuticals vitamin C serum.