Some of you know that I have rosacea. Finding products that are suitable for rosacea skin is always a hassle, and you have to be extra careful. Now, I don't normally use a night cream, and just apply my day cream again before going to sleep. But I have been reading that night cream really does have added benefits compared to day cream, and now I am looking for one that will not irritate my skin and lead to flare ups of rosacea. 

I'm not sure if there is anyone else with rosacea here, but on the off chance there is, I thought I'd ask this question here. 

Well, I see what you mean - there isn't a lot of reliable information about night creams for people with rosacea, is there? I did read somewhere that Simple Nourishing 24HR Day/Night Cream is good for those with mild rosacea, you may or may not have already seen that yourself as well? I am having trouble coming up with other suggestions for night creams and not just general moisturizers for rosacea though, so I hope someone else has better tips for you. Although mind you, I don't use night cream myself and I am still not convinced there is something magical about it. Isn't that really just a more greasy version of day cream?

My dermatologist told me to keep my skincare routine simple. With rosacea, there's always the risk of encountering increased inflammation in response to any product, because they all have new ingredients which can make your skin hellish. So I've stuck to a few tried and trusted products and don't use a night cream, which is not really necessary. It's possible to just apply your normal cream. but if you are seeing this one is not hydrating enough, I would look for a new moisturizer that you could use day and night.

Thanks! Yes, it's a hard balance to keep, isn't it? I want to give my skin all the nourishment it needs and look as good as possible, while avoiding unleashing all hell onto my skin. That's why I asked what night cream would be good for people with rosacea, because I don't want to experiment with creams that could cause lots of unpleasantness. At the end of the day this just might be a question for the dermatologist.

There's actually one called Rosacea Care sea buckthorn oil night cream. It's got all "natural ingredients" (herbs and such). It's around $35. I haven't bought it yet because I'm not sure how well it works, but I'm thinking about it. There are no parabens, which is good, but I'm not sure this product does "exactly what it says on the tin", you know? I have burned myself one too many times to choose a product just because it says on there that it will work for my skin. If anyone has any experience with this cream, please do share!

Yeah, I'd definitely talk that over with your derm if it's no bother and you see them semi-regularly anyways... can't do no harm, you know what I mean? By the way, I did read about a day cream that I thought you'd be interested in. It's called La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Skin Perfecting Anti-Redness Moisturiser, and that's a reputable brand for medical like creams, the best thing is that it's mean to fight flare ups and make your skin less red. When I saw that I thought of you right away. If it's good you might be able to use it during the night also...

If you are having issues with Rosacea symptoms, please give dermalmd rosacea serum a try! It has worked wonders for my symptoms (flushing/burning and redness). I have re-ordered dermalmd serum several times now and highly recommend it. It's also worth mentioning that I have done other things as well to control my Rosacea symptoms. Lifestyle changes mostly-no alcohol, no gluten, taking several vitamin supplements, etc. Those things in conjunction with this serum have been very helpful!