I got a hyaluronic acid serum, but I'm also using an oil based vitamin C + other stuff serum. I have experimented with applying the HA serum a few times now and it strikes me that it absorbs so quickly that I don't notice much hydration. I'm now left wondering if it would be bad in any way to mix the two and apply them together at once? Methinks it would actually feel nicer on the skin. But some products don't do well with mixing. 

The verdict? Should I mix my hyaluronic acid with an oi based serum OR layer them? 

Ehm... I don't think it matters?

I guess I'd say it depends on your personal preference - try both and see what you like best? If I recall correctly I have seen serums that are actually hyaluronic acid and vit C combined so surely there's nothing about combining the two that's like bad for you or anything. Experimenting with what you prefer is the way forward!!!

Oh yeah, you can def. mix em together if that is what you feel like! No harm done at all! The only thing that matters here is what feels best for you... and to find out, you gotta do some experimenting!!! Seems like you're feeling there's some space for improvement with the current routine so I say go for it mix em together and see how you go. It all depends on your skin and just what you prefer. I like a one stop shop personally so I'd totally mix that stuff all together, in your palm of course not in a bottle or nothing....

I will just join the already loud choir here: mixing hyaluronic acid serum with another serum is no problem at all, so long as you find that it works for you and you like the feel you get from a combination. If you are considering mixing hyaluronic acid with another serum because you don't like the feel of the stand-alone product, though, you may also like to look into using a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid instead. Though such hyaluronic acid moisturizers will certainly be less potent that a serum, if you prefer the feel it may be a better option anyway. 

HTH

Hi!!!

I just came here with the same question actually... already been using Vitamin C serum for around 1 year and now adding hyaluronic acid serum. It isn't so much the hyaluronic acid serum that I am concerned about but the Vitamin C, which I know is an unstable compound. Won't weird things happen if I mix the two? Everyone seems to say no, and I searched this on the web as well as reading replies here so I am quite confident now, but it still seems weird, mixing the two. I don't like the feel of hyaluronic acid on it's own so it would be good if mixing was really okay... guess I will try it for myself then.

How about you stop using this hyaluronic whatever and just apply some oil. I don't even know what this thing you talk about is, but if it isn't working for you then just stop it. Personally I always use Argan Oil and although I am post-menopause I have skin that is as soft as a baby's bottom. I only apply it once in the morning and wash it off at night. I leave my skin to breathe while I sleep. I know I am pretty past it already but people still whistle at me so I guess this oil is doing something good.

It really doesn't matter whether you mix your hyaluronic acid serum with another oil or serum. I have done both before and I sure didn't notice a difference in functioning nor is it clear to me why there might be. It depends on the weather and the feel of my skin whether I prefer HA on its own or mixed in with some jojoba oil. My skin tends towards dry patches around the edges and oily within the t-zone, so I also adjust my skincare to different parts of the face where needed. Just do what you think works best, and you will be fine.

I have tried mixing mine in with my moisturizer. Since moisturizers with hyaluronic acid in them are sold everywhere, it never occurred to me that it might not be a good idea for some strange chemical reason, and I still don't think that way. The truth is that my skin somehow feels nicer when I apply my hyaluronic acid serum, let it sink in for a while, and then follow it up with my moisturizer about 20 minutes later. That is nothing but personal preference though and I am sure that it is fine however you prefer it, whether you want to mix or layer.

Argan oil is wonderful for skin, nails and hair. I use it every day. I use Hyaluronic Acid at night as I feel it hydrates my skin.