I have eczema on my face and would like to find a night cream that is suitable for my skin. Could someone give me some suggestions for creams that will either not make the eczema worse or actually help it improve? I have tried several night creams and none of them have been right for me, so rather than winging it and hoping I have hit the jackpot, I'd like to go in informed and be sure that the cream I am trying will at least not cause further rashes and itching. 

I'd love to hear from people who also have eczema on their faces but if you don't and you still have a suggestion that would be great as well. 

:)

I've been a fan of Dr Organic for ages and though I don't have any kind of eczema myself, I've heard that Dr Organic's organic Manuka honey rescue cream is great for people with eczema. There's also Wild Naturals Eczema and Psoriasis cream, which again I've heard good things about. You know, I wouldn't get too hung up about whether it's supposed to be a day cream or night cream, just whether it helps the eczema on your face. That's the most important thing, after all. Both these creams are totally natural and very moisturising, and that's what you need at the end of the day...

You would primarily be looking for a night cream that is suitable for people with dry and sensitive skin. Murad's city skin overnight detox moisturizer has worked really well for me. You could also consider a face oil, such as Juno hydroactive cellular face oil, instead or in addition, to really take care of the dryness. Of course, if you notice that ingredients such as vitamin C actually irritate your skin more, immediately discontinue the product and look for another. Perhaps hyaluronic acid would also work? I have heard a lot about this but have not tried myself yet.

The secret to reducing your eczema or even making it go away completely isn't in the night cream you use. You should use the ointment your doctor prescribes, and use that before applying anything else to your skin. Apart from that, I've heard people recommend Aveeno moisturizing wash for babies (baby products are made with the most sensitive skin in mind after all!) and Aveeno moisturizing cream. 

I am not sure if these particular products and the particular brand Aveeno are that important, though Aveeno definitely has a great reputation for sensitive skin. The general idea is to look for products made for the most sensitive skin, and that includes looking at products made for babies. 

Cheers, folks! There's some nice suggestions there. Murad should be easily available to me and I already know about that brand, so I am going to look up some reviews and start with that if I like what I see.

I also like the suggestion of using baby wash to cleanse my skin. That had never occurred to me but it makes a lot of sense. If it's good enough for babies, it should be good enough for me.

I want a night cream not just for my eczema but to take good care of my skin in general, the way I would have done before I got eczema on my face. Like a normal person, basically. I am not necessarily looking for a night cream that will cure my eczema, though that would be awesome of course, just for one that won't make it worse.

Yeah, of course night cream isn't going to meet all your skin care needs but fact is, you sleep like hopefully at least seven hours a night and you spend like a third of your life asleep. That's a mighty long time not to use any skincare products you know? I know for me, when I don't use a cream at night, my skin feels tight and uncomfortable when I go to sleep and that doesn't help me sleep, but when I use a serum and night cream I feel luxurious and well taken care of. I wouldn't underestimate the power of night cream!