I'm new here (might register if this turns out to be a good place to come for advice), and I have a question. My aesthetitian (spelling???) recommended me this Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin CF Serum. I am 32 and have traveled quite a bit. I have some signs of sun damage on my skin, and apparently this serum will help with that.

Went to Amazon of course and looked at the product and the reviews. The first thing that strikes me is the price, LOL. At very nearly $40, I'd really rather not buy this if it doesn't work for sure. (One user mentioned using a more expensive serum before trying Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin CF Serum. Let's just say that's not my consumer profile. I am willing to buy this, but only if it really achieves results.) I have heard that many of the reviews placed on Amazon may be stealth advertizing, so I'm going ahead and asking here.

Cosmetic skin solutions itself says that the serum as preventative as well as healing abilities. I do want to prevent further damage of course, but I'd also really like to get rid of the visible damage I already have, as much as possible.

Anyone?

Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin CF Serum does have alcohol in it, so if you are sensitive to any cosmetics that contain alcohol, I advise you not to use this product. I bought it because I heard great things about it and I got an Amazon gift voucher. I don't have the skin problems you mention, so I will be clear in saying that I can't tell you whether Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin CF Serum works for those problems. What I have noticed is that my skin looks much fresher and younger and my makeup looks fantastic all day long. One thing about it though, is that it does not smell nice. I keep on using it because it does make my skin look fantastic, but that is a bit of a turn of.

Well, I've used the Skinceuticals CE ferulic serum, so I'll give my impressions on that. This is a brand generally recommended by dermatologists and you can get a free skin assessment before you buy a product that is meant for your skin. With these higher-end products, I think it's always better to get a proper consultation, rather than randomly choosing products. If you are paying for things like that, you want to know they are right for you. So, CE ferulic acid is full of antioxidants, especially vitamin C and E, but highly concentrated. Ferulic acid is also supposed to be very effective at getting rid of skin damage. You only need a tiny amount. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I am not regetting my purchase. My skin looks positively glowing and I am hoping it will prevent damage in the future.

I've used Skinceuticals in the past with really good results. Looking to save a buck, I looked around and saw some ladies were talking about Cosmetic Skin Solutions. Their Phloretin CG serum was meant to be just as good for more than half the price off so I decided to purchase it. Looking at the ingredient list the products are very similar and so far I'm seeing results that are just as good as with the Skinceuticals. I will say though it is meant to tighten lighter lines (beginning wrinkles) and it does, and it also tightens the pores, but it is not a good idea for those sun spots as they are not meant to even help with that.

I LOVE that product and wanted to say that if you're looking for special offers, go ahead and take a look at ebay.

These things are pretty popular because they do work very well. They help repair and renew the skin, making you looking instantly younger and healthier, induce collagen production to get rid of wrinkles and prevent them, eliminate most acne scars, and yes, get rid of many sun spots as well, and also protect you from getting new ones. Skinceuticals is the really popular one. CSS is cheaper and if you look at the ingredient lists they are very similar. You may still think it's a lot of money to spend on such a tiny bottle, but you only need a tiny amount and it really does last for a long time. 

Hiya,

Thought I'd drop in here to ask about Philosophy vitamin C powder, which I came across the other day. What appeals to me about this one is that it's a powder, so you can just add it to your regular moisturizer and get great results without adding another step to your skin care routine. I also got a feeling that it might well last a lot longer than the serums. Haven't used it yet obviously so I was wondering if there's ladies here that love it or hate it and can tell me whether that's a good thing to buy or something that's best skipped. 

To be honest, I really, really don't see how this fancy serum is any different to making your own, which lots and lots of people are doing.

Here's what you can do instead of buying that stuff:

Boil a cup of distilled water and add a bag of green tea. Let it soak, remove the tea bag, and refrigerate until it is completely cool. Put half a teaspoon of vitamin C powder in the cup. Get the pure ascorbic acid. Mix well, put into a bottle, and refrigerate again.

Only use a little at first because though vitamin C is wonderful for rejuvenating your skin, remember that it is an acid and your skin needs to acclimatize to it.

So what one would I be using then? That Philosophy stuff, or something else? Looks like you've been using this on your own skin so I'd be really happy to get some insider tips on how to make that work. My skin could do with a bit of extra lovin' right now, you know? But I def don't want to aggravate things, and some places I've come across actually do say that too much Vit C on the skin can do just that.

Not a good review from me unfortunately. I do have very sensitive skin but this product only made that worse for me, drying my skin out and leaving it irritated and red, which is not what I was looking for at all. I did keep on using it a few weeks, hoping it was only beginners trouble I was suffering with, but then I gave it away. I am assuming my lack of luck with this product has more to do with my own skin than with the product itself, but if you have overly sensitive skin you may just want to stay away from it.

Skinceuticals actually has the better pH value, which means CSS will dry the skin out a bit more. However, if you look at the ingredients between the two of them, they are completely the same, and of course CSS is a lot friendlier on the budget (we are talking $40 vs nearly $120, and if you think $40 is a long shot, then Skinceuticals is pretty much out for you). Yes, you do have to use a good moisturizer as well, but CSS will stimulate collagen production and make you look more youthful. If you aren't sure, you can also think about getting a good Vitamin C powder to add to your moisturizer.

This seemed like the most relevant thread to post this on, so here goes.

Went shopping today and there was a special offer on Murad products, which I had never heard of before. But there's a whole Vitamin C line, and it's cheaper at the moment. Now, looking at their site, I think you get the Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex, the Essential-C Day Moisture, the Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum, and the Essential-C Cleanser. Though this line is all about Vitamin C, it's also got vitamins A and E in it as well.

I'm pretty interested in these products, because I've been hearing so much about the benefits of Vitamin C for the skin lately. What do you say? Should I get this?

Hi, if you have normal or dry skin, Murad's Essential-C line is a very good choice for you. The creams do contain some irritants that are not good for very sensitive skin in the form of fragrances, however I have tried this line and it has not bothered me. I like that it has a smooth finish that quickly absorbs. It makes a good base for makeup. I like the fact that I don't have to apply an SPF separately as well. Better creams of a similar kind do exist, but they cost more. Depending on what you are currently using, you probably have nothing to lose by trying this line.

Cosmetic Skin Solutions Phloretin CF Serum contains active vitamin C, which enhances elasticity, ferulic acid, which helps heal sun damaged skin, Phloretin, and Hyaluronic Acid. It is much more than just a vitamin C serum or powder. I have been using this forumula for years now and am very impressed with the fine line improvement, sun damage healing, and general skin smoothness. Simply massage a little in in the morning on clean skin. The product will last you a very long time. Just store it in the fridge to prevent oxidation.

I have used these serums repeatedly, the Phloretin Serum advanced formula and the Vitamin C + E Serum advanced formula, because I had sun damage and dark spots from using the pill. I use a few drops, let it soak in, and apply some moisturizer over the top. My problems are now no longer visible and I am currently out but will reorder soon because I do not want recurrence. The serums also made me look much younger and kept my skin hydrated so I am a very happy customer. From your description OP, I believe that you would be very happy with this twin package of serums also.