I really need your help, people!!!

I'm sure many of you will be familiar with my "story": during summer, my skin is pretty normal and even sometimes slightly greasy, but when the weather gets colder, that completely changes and I end up with very dry skin, skin with flakes and even tangible permapatches of yuckiness, at the moment, strangely enough, most obviously around my eyebrows. I sometimes seem to scratch these patches, especially when I'm sleeping or also mindlessly while watching TV (as they do itch) and they'll even start bleeding. 

I don't want to put something so greasy that it will make my face shine on my skin. What I'm looking for is structural hydration of my dry skin to make it through this season of cold weather. 

Does anyone have suggestions for a facial cream that will give me this much needed hydration? I have tried all sorts of course and nothing seems to work. I need something very serious here. Please, if you don't mind, only recommendations for facial creams that you have tried yourself if you have dry skin. I can look for recommendations on the web but they just don't meet my needs. :(

Thanks. 

Celebrity

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that you really want an oil-based product or actual oil itself to best lock in moisture when you are experiencing dry skin in the winter. When the weather is at its very coldest and my skin is looking rough, coconut oil or shea butter are hard workers I'd pull out of my bathroom cabinets! When it's not quite that bad, jojoba oil and argan oil will work wonders. 

In addition, you will want to make sure that you are keeping well hydrated, and also get a humidifier if you can, as this will help keep your skin moist. 

Rosie

I just used argan oil this morning. I often use bio oil, but somehow my skin got a little dry and I decided to pull out the big guns. I had forgotten what it was like after using this other product for so long and immediately noticed just how nice and hydrated my skin was. In other words, I can definitely recommend argan oil to you for very dry skin in the winter. It also works well as a hand cream, and a cuticle oil. And when you are suffering from dry hair, you can add a few drops of argan oil as well.

You are not alone in having dry facial skin during the winter! Thankfully there are lots of products that can help you. 

CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion PM is probably the first thing that I would advise you to check out, and that is for the simple reason that it combines a very reasonable price (understatement really, it's a steal) with good ingredients including hyaluronic acid, which is insanely moisturizing. I think it holds 100 x its weight in water. CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion is also non-greasy, which is a huge advantage over other similar products. The other thing is that it has nearly universally positive reviews wherever you look. Truly a good product. 

Another thing is to avoid just using soap on your face and use only a gentle facial cleanser instead. Soap is one of the most drying things you could possibly be putting on your skin, you know? And that definitely adds to the pulling stretching feeling people with dry skin get... stay away from the stuff. Also try a serum like vitamin C serum to give your skin that little extra and only then add a good moisturiser for people with dry skin the Dr Organic avocado oil one. That Cerave also sounds like it's good... For the eyebrows though it sounds like they're irritated, maybe try a different eyebrow product?

Exactly!!! Dry skin is not just about a lack of external moisturizer applied, but also about harmful things you actively do for it. Of course, you do need a good day cream, that goes without saying, but you need more than that.
A good skincare routine such as Skinceuticals Gentle Cleanser for sensitive skin is wonderful for dry winter skin, and you need to add a gentle exfoliator to use twice a week as well. Avoid cleansing your skin more than twice a day and do not have long hot showers either, which make the moisture evaporate right off your face.