What kinds of herbs do you typically use in the winter? Of course we want a heartier, more filling and more satisfying type of meal in the winter, and for me, this also comes with strong herbs. Sadly, there are hardly any fresh herbs for sale during the winter. What herbs for you use for winter?

Some herbs are even better dried than fresh! I did try growing fresh herbs indoors in winter, not from seeds but buying little plants, but this has never been very successful and I would not recommend it to anyone else. As for meals, I like lots of soups and broth in winter. Of course, this calls for strong herbs.

To the previous poster who mentions trying to grow herbs inside the house, could you give any more information about this perhaps? Which herbs did you attempt to grow, and how? Did you feed them, bathe them, or just watered them? When you say they didn't do very well, I assume you mean they died? I'd love to have fresh herbs throughout winter but am not sure if it is worth trying.