I've been having this problem, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

For the past few months, everytime I have sex (with a condom, ALWAYS), I end up with a really dry and irritated vagina. I get little cracks in the skin, and if I pull the skin too hard (or wipe too hard), I get more little cracks. This happens even if I use a vibrator. I also end up with a strange discharge that kind of balls up and thickens when it dries. It does have a strange odor, kind of "tangy", for lack of a better word. Needless to say it's itchy and uncomfortable. It eventually goes away after about 5 days or so.

Does anyone have any insight?

Community Administrator
It sounds like yeast infection to me...You could have gotten it as an reaction to spermicide in condoms...The symptoms are just alike...the itchiness, the dryness, irritation, skin cuts, and the strange odor.

You could either get 3 or 7 days MOnistat or see your gyn for proper evaluation and proper treatment.

First of all I had to pray for courage to deal with this, as I was concerned that it might be s.t.d. related. What I have learned is that it can be caused by dryness, injury, eg., itching, etc., perfumed soaps, frequent urination ~ for whatever reason, etc. My doctors nurse told me to gently cleanse, thoroughly, with a very clean, wet, warm, wash cloth. And, then to apply some regular vagasil cream. I've done this, and in two days it's ALL gone. However, I am still going to see my doctor about this, and make sure it was just due to frequent urination, which I've been dealing with, and plus it's winter, (dryness). As certain articles implied it could be other things. So, go see your doctor. In Christ Jesus' love. :-)

honey, I don't want to scare you but cracks and discharge foul smelling could be herpes. Please check with your gynie. Hopefully you already went & your good to go. God Bless you sweetie