Hey everyone! So lately, I've been having this vaginal discharge that has this kinda odor. Like if I parted my legs a little bit I could smell it. It's not super strong but I can since you know, it's my body. There's not irritation, no red areas, no itch, nothing weird looking. Just I'm starting to feel more discharge that has an odor. I'm still a virgin. Well, I haven't had sexual intercourse, but my boyfriend and I practice safe sex. The last time we had safe sex was the 16th of August. And this started after that, soo I'm not too sure what it is. Anyone have any ideas? Your answers are greatly appreciated!

Sounds like a "yeast infection." You do not usually get that from sexual activity. Typically women who wear underwear that have a synthetic crotch will cause a yeast infection. Now there are over the counter medicines you can purchase at your pharmacy. Ask the pharmacist which product would be best for you. As far as getting something from your bf, if he has "jock itch," which is a fungal infection in men, you could have picked that up. Best case senerio, is always see your physician if you are really concerned.

Are you sure the smell is is coming from your actual vagina? Are you sure it is actually your discharge that smells? If it is a yeast infection, it is likely accompanied by whitish discharge and shouldn't really smell bad or strongly, just faintly like yeast. If it is bacterial vaginosis (virgins can get BV) discharge should smell fishy. Both of these conditions are unhealthy and need to be treated. Personally, I think if you have a yeast infection, it is much more easily and effectively treated with an oral antifungal medication such as fluconazole. It usually only takes one pill versus several messy applications of that nasty OTC stuff. However, I personally suspect that when most women speak of vaginal odor they are referring to the buildup of smegma. Studies have shown a high prevalence (about 30% I believe) of clitoral adhesions, especially among younger women. This results from the buildup of smegma over an extended period of time. Regular buildup of smegma also causes a strong odor. This same issue occurs with men who are not circumcised if they do not thoroughly clean under the foreskin. I personally think most women just need to be educated about this so that they know simply to clean under the hood. In summary, no healthy vagina should ever smell the least bit bad. Healthy discharge shouldn't smell. Vaginas do not need to be cleaned, and no one should be using soap on their actual vagina. That is just asking for an infection. However, vulvas do need to be cleaned, especially in the creases between labia majors and minora and under the hood. This is very simple. No vulva or vagina need ever smell. This is simply an issue of maintaining healthy vaginal ph and proper hygiene.