I had a colpo and cervical biopsy 6 days ago and have been passing thick, whitish/greyish clumps of tissue sporadically. This is in addition to the expected discharge after the biopsy. The tissue looks about the size of a silver dollar, with very little blood. Imagine a ball of wet paper and this is what it looks like. It comes out after I have been active (exercising) and has no smell or anything! Is this normal? I have read the other blogs and am wondering if it could have been a cyst or something, but it is clearly related, somehow, to this procedure.

From what I know that whenever you have a cervical biopsy and colposcopy you are given a topical anesthetic such as lidocaine, also upon research they would have used Monsels Solution! Which can leave a granular discharge for several days after! Also when they are doing the procedure they use a speculum - which they would use with their usual lubricant! So I am pretty sure that this is what you are expelling - due to the color of it and the consistancy, it definitely sounds like the type of gel they use when doing internal exams! Because it doesn't have any blood in it, I am 99% certain it is just gel! IF you have continuing worries, please phone your doctor OK? I hope all goes well for you and everything is negative! I wish you good luck and health!

i had the same thing and i called my dr and the nurse told me that the vinegar they use while doing the colposocy can sometimes cause skin to shed and that's most likely what it was. it happened to me today and i was freaking out! it was a little smaller than the size of my palm. it looked like wet toilet paper with spots of blood. so it was basically a ball of tissue. gross. but that's what it was. if it happens again i should call my dr. back.

Ahhhh I just had the same procedure done 4 days ago and was experiencing the same thing. Lol thank god for random forums with useful information.
I was about to have. Nervous breakdown. No lie...

Thank you all for the posts, same thing here and now I know it is ok.

i dont know if this is the same thing you're talking about, but while i was using the bathroom (#2), a thick light brown colored mucus looking thing came out that was about 5 in. long and an inch wide? i had a colopscopy and a cervical biopsy done too 6 days ago and my doctor didnt tell me anything like this would happen. it literally looked like i took a dump from my vagina. HELP?  o.O

haha, message above just made me laugh, sorry, I know its not funny. I am going through the same thing, a passing of brownish tissue that scared the living daylights out of me. i agree, thank god for these message boards. i just had my biopsy done yesterday. I am seeing from this there is more to come. Really, the whole dilemma and the fear of waiting for results and this gross stuff coming out of my Va-J-J is alot to endure. I am hoping for all of you that you ended up okay, and everything turned out alright. After my procedure, i cried a little, out of worry and I think the whole procedure is really invasive. I dont feel like my doctor really informed me of much and when I asked her questions she actually referred me to the internet. I was totally put off. That is her job to fill me in. Very scary to go into this blind. Thanks so much for all of your shares. Makes it not as scary, at least I know whats happening is normal. Thankyou.

ohhhh thank all of yall!! i had the same thing....i just assumed that it was what my dr used to clot my bleeding, but theni happened again a few days later. Both times about 3-3.5 inches long and about as wide as my fingers. It looked like paper of some sort so i had to touch it (as gross as that sounds) and i wasnt paper by any means! it freaked me out, i called my dr but she wasnt in  so i left a message and just waiting for a response so i thought i would do my own research! it has been extremely helpful!

I have had a similar expreience but my Dr. explaine dto me that he was using small amounts of surgical tape to help stop the bleeding after the biopsy. Also, the substance that is applied to the cervix after the biopsy is high in iron whit causes the blood to clot, or form scabs. Becasue the cervics is so sensitive to abrasion it can bleed a lot. Once the cervix begins to heal, the blood that was absorbed by the iron containing matter is expelled from the body in large clumps that can be hard. Part of the "tissue" discharge is also skin that the body discards after being irritated by the vinegar solution used in the colposcopy. Gross, a bit scary but totally normal.

-I am not a Dr nor do I have any medical training. This information is based on my own personal experience. If you have heavy vaginal bleeding soaking through 1 pad in an hour or continual bleeding for longer than the length of your normal period. Consult your doctor.

I just read the above post and yes, this is very disturbing that the doc does  not tell you any of this.

I thought i was passing bowel through my vagina as well.

I am about to have my period in a couple days so that should be VERY interesting!

Thanks for all these posts! I was sooo nervous this morning when I went to the bathroom. Thank goodness for these kind of websites, my Dr didnt tell me ANYTHING about something like this happening.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with this procedure.  I just had it done 3 days ago and was also freaking out a little.  I've been passing large flat hardened blackish bloody clumps.  My period started the day before the procedure so it's been hard to tell what's going on down there but I knew these were no ordinary blood clots.  I also cried during and after the procedure which I blame mostly on hormones and a bad cold, but also the fact that the procedure is invasive and the doctor wasn't telling me what he was doing.  The first sample only pinched a little but he didn't warn me about the second and that one was quite painful.  Glad to know this is normal, I wonder why they don't inform you of this if it's so common.  They even game me a booklet and there's no mention of this.  Praying for health of all of you ladies.

This too just happened to me! I am freaking out!! Glad I found all you ladies have just described the same thing. Makes me feel better! :)

Amen! Thank you for sharing. This just happened to me as well. Had the procedure done about 6 days ago. While taking a number 2 (gross, i know!), I had about 4 inches of this white long tissue come out of my vagina. I cried and went to the nurse practitioner at my work. The doctor never mentioned anything like this to me either! Thanks again for sharing!

Thank god i found this , i have been worrying myself sick for the last few days thinking i had some kind of STD or something, i had my colpospy or whatever last wed and this saturday stood in a wedding and i went pee and noticed a beige round like peice of skin with red dots or black dots in it....it has a weird smell down there and no matter what i do i cantg get it to go away , its not painful but i feel sick to my stomache ...i just hope its nothing serious,. and i wish all our doctors would have told us this could possibly happen and not to freak out!!!!! im glad i found this ladies you were all so helpful, but do any of you have a smell coming from down there? its now monday and its still stink and i still have a little bit of discharge .