Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I have some delicate problems. You see, about a week ago I have noticed that I have some strange vaginal discharge accompanied with mild cramping.
I have never seen anything like it. First of all, I have never experienced any vaginal discharge at all but one friend told me that it is quite normal.
She told me that she has clear or cloudy white discharge all the time. But the problem is that mine isn’t like that. I have a strong yellow discharge that contain white flecks and at times may be thin and stringy. What could cause it and could this be something serious. Could anyone explain me what vaginal discharge really is?

I think I could help you because I know some facts about this. My sister was a nurse for a long time and she told me several stuff about this. Medical definition is next- vaginal discharge is the result of secretions produced from small glands in the wall of the vagina and the cervix. The fact is that the amount and the color of discharge vary from woman to woman. Normal vaginal discharge is considered to be white, clear, creamy or very slightly yellow. Discharge is like window to woman’s health state. Changes in normal discharge can occur for many reasons, including menstrual cycle, emotional stressors, nutritional status, pregnancy and usage of birth control pills.
You have mentioned that you have strong yellow discharge and I'm almost 100% sure that you suffer from some bacterial vaginosis. Don’t be afraid- they are easily treated. Schedule your self an examination with your gynecologist as soon as possible!

ive been reading through this thread and havent really found the answer im trying to get. im 17 and sexually active with birth control, and for the past week or two before my period ive had some brownish discharge. it wasnt a dark brown and wasnt constant only a little. only appearing on my underwear or when i wiped. it wasnt there during sex or oral. so im not sure whats going on. then my period started yesterday and its red with brown in it... is this brown bad? or just normal?

I have been having this problem for almost 2 yeas now. i have a vaginal discharge that is more than the usual. It's whitish and thick. the most problem i have with it is it's burning my skin(vagina) really bad. i also have frequent urination. I've gone to so many doctors, but they couldn't find anything. It started after i took antibiotic(cypro) for UTI. I'm really desperate. I've tried to eat yogurt as much as i could. But no change. Please help.

I have the same problem for three months now. I have a white discharge and it wont go away. my gyno thinks im crazy and now its so bad that its iratating my vagina too. I have to were pantliners all day long.

I am new to this site..My problem..I am 48..I know I am peri-menopause..I have had a white, lumpy discharge for 3 months now..wont go away.((this happened last year but finally went away..I tried everything then used vaginal acid jelly, this seemed to be the only thing that helped, now it is not helping))..tried Diflucan, over the counter vaginal yeast creams etc etc..Doc says it is NOT yeast..what is it??? I have some burning through out the day, but no odor, (have been tested for EVERYTHING else)no other symptoms except that sex is painful ..This is ruining my life... Any thoughts out there?????

HI,I will think you will be happy to know your symptom is completely normal.I get that too right before and right after my period.What is happening is all the dead cells are shedding from the uterus and the reason you dont notice during the first few days or the middle of your period is because of the bleeding but as your body is shedding the last of the tissue (the end of your period) it will appear to be brownish tinged.SO no need to get bent out of shape your 100% normal. :-) I hope i helped to put your mind at ease. XD

I too have similar problems. I have been dealing with this for several years. My discharge is a clear discharge but has odor with it. It is quite heavy. I have been tested for STDs and everything always comes back normal. my Gyno told me to eat lots of yogurt and use refresh (a vaginal cream). she also told me to use only soaps like Dove or Ivory, use 100% cotton underwear, and when i'm at home not to wear pants which isn't always practical in the winter time. None of these things have worked for me. It seems the discharge is normal though mine seems excessive but if i could get rid of the odor i'd be really happy. i am very self conscious about that.

I'am also having the same problem. I have been having discharge alittle more than normal. I alway's have to wear patiliner's and I also feel so wet from the discharge. Sometmes after I shower it feel's like I'am peeing but it's the discharge. it's sometimes clear or light yellow, is that bad?

I am 11 and this is happening to me and it is with a little red I dont know what exactly is happening I usally only get white discharge and I woke up with brown and Ihave to wipe every 5 minutes

8-|          its sur period!

I have been getting a yellowish discharge and often I get cramps but not with the discharge with should I do it that good or bad plz send me a reply back thanxs