I know that people with crohn's disease normally deal with loose stools and excessive flatulence. I guess that they have more than normal amounts of bodily gasses. I am now curious to hear whether this also means that they burp more than the Average Joe? I am really hoping to get the answer on this!

Hello there rudyard74,

Is there any particular reason why you want to know the answer to this question? Is someone in your family or surroundings suffering from this condition so you want to get better informed on it or you are just curios?

Well, since we are all different, symptoms of Crohn’s disease are not same in all people as well. There are few which are in common to all people but this can vary as well.

Burping is usually sign that some food doesn’t do well to us and we need to pay attention to this. Since patients with Crohn’s condition need to have strict diet I believe that they shouldn’t be burping at all. I hope this was helpful.

Yes. I have either crohns or UC and I get nauseus at random times and burp a lot more than I used to. I never had a problem with gluten or dairy. I don't have diareah. I take sulfasalazine and a strong refrigerated pro-biotic. So Im not sure why I still get not hungry and burp.