A girl in my class has got crohn's disease. We don't know anything about it, since she is new, and she will not talk about the crohn's disease at all. I know only that it is a chronic disease she will have for, like, the rest of her life!!! Can you tell me if crohn's disease is dangerous? Does it hurt?

Well, Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease which is causing inflammation of the lining of your friend’s digestive tract. This can lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea and malnutrition. Because this condition can spread to the deeper layers of the tissue Crohn's disease can be very painful and sometimes may lead to life-threatening complications and I believe that this is the main reason why your friend doesn’t want to talk about it.

Unfortunately there is no cure for this condition. Your friend is probably going to the therapies which can be very helpful because they are reducing the signs and symptoms of this condition. If the treatment helps your friend will be able to lead absolutely normal life.