I know that Chlamydia is transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person. Although about 75% of women and 50% of men with Chlamydia have no symptoms of infection, I have noticed there is something wrong with me. I had an unusual vaginal discharge, bleeding after intercourse, and abdominal pain. I visited my gynecologist and he diagnosed me with Chlamydia. I was so terrified, but he just gave me drugs, so now I wonder is there cure of Chlamydia at all.

First, I have to tell you that when left untreated, Chlamydia can increase the risk of acquiring or transmitting HIV, which is definitely serious. In women, untreated Chlamydia can spread into the pelvic area and infect the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. The symptoms of serious disease that Chlamydia cause includes abdominal pain, lower back pain, pain with intercourse, and bleeding between periods. This could be serious condition, and require immediate medical care, but I believe your doctor take care of that. The main problem with untreated Chlamydia is that it may cause permanent damage to a woman's reproductive organs, which can lead to infertility, and chronic pelvic pain. In men, untreated Chlamydia can affect the testicles, leading to swelling and pain, where related complications can lead to infertility. Chlamydia can be easily treated and cured with antibiotics, so there is no need to worry once you take the therapy. Because men and women infected with Chlamydia often also have gonorrhea, treatment for gonorrhea should be provided as well. It is important to make sure your sex partner also receive treatment, in order to prevent being infected again of Chlamydia, even if you are cured. Antibiotics that are used to treat and cure Chlamydia are single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline is the most commonly used treatments.