I have increased vaginal discharge and sexual intercourse began painful in past two weeks. I suspect on Chlamydia, well I guess he infected me with Chlamydia. My partner had problem with Chlamydia three years ago and we haven’t had sex for 6 months because of that. He wasn’t complaining on anything, but I have symptoms, maybe he has too and he doesn’t want to tell me. Has my partner infected me with Chlamydia?

Chlamydia bacteria live in vaginal fluid and in semen and it is sometimes called the “silent” disease because you can have it and not know it. Symptoms usually appear within 1 -3 weeks after being infected, usually an abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis or experience pain while urinating. If you want to found out if you are infected you need to do laboratory tests. The usual test is for a health care provider to collect a sample of fluid from the vagina and send it to a laboratory that will look for the bacteria. Chlamydia is easily confused with gonorrhea because the symptoms of both diseases are similar.