I have heard Chlamydia is a curable bacterial infection that can be transmitted through genital, oral, or anal sex. It worried me what I heard it could be transmitted from a woman to her baby during delivery. Since I am pregnant now I want to prevent any possible complication I could give to my baby. That is why I want to hear how many days should pass before symptoms of Chlamydia occur. I had unprotected sex two months ago so I am worried now.

You should know that about 75 percent of infected women have no symptoms. If woman will have symptoms, they are likely to show up about one to three weeks after she has been exposed to the infection. These symptoms may include burning or discomfort when you urinate. Furthermore, woman might notice inflammation of cervix, and increased vaginal discharge or possibly spotting. If woman engage in anal intercourse, she might also have inflammation of her rectum. However, since so many time passed since your unprotected sexual intercourse, I believe you will not experience symptoms of Chlamydia at all. Anyway, I would recommend you to test for this infection if you doubt there is something wrong. As you already heard, it might pass in silence so you may be infected even if there are no symptoms at all. Woman that is infected with Chlamydia will experience symptoms after few weeks, as lower abdominal pain, low back pain, nausea, fever, pain during sex, and bleeding between menstrual periods.

my partner and i have been together for 3 years. we seperated for a short time in the summer of 2005, he had unprotected sex. I was told a month ago that i had chlamydia everything that i have read is symptoms will show up one to three weeks, but is it possible for it lay dormate for 1/2 year to a year? i started showing all the signs about 2 to 3 months ago. i have all ready been treated but now i wonder if he was unfaithful or if it could have been given to him by her??