I know that Chlamydia is a curable bacterial infection that can be transmitted through genital, oral, or anal sex. What I am especially afraid is that I have heard that about 75 percent of infected women have no symptoms. However, I have heard these symptoms may include burning or discomfort when you urinate, inflammation of cervix, and increased vaginal discharge or possibly spotting. Since I have noticed these, I doubt I am also infected with Chlamydia. Can you tell me what is treatment of Chlamydia, and should I be worried?

All you have said is true, but about half of men infected with Chlamydia have symptoms. This may include discharge from the penis, burning or pain while urinating, tender or swollen testicles, and inflammation of the rectum. Women are likely to experience less or no symptoms at all. As Chlamydia treatment, antibiotics are used to treat and cure this condition. A single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline is the most commonly used treatments as Chlamydia treatment. All sex partners should also be treated to avoid reinfection of Chlamydia. You should not have sex until you and your sex partner have finished treatment as doctor prescribes to both of you. There are safe antibiotics to cure Chlamydia during pregnancy, so this should not be so worried and alarming condition. Chlamydia is easily treated, but it is important for you to seek testing and get treatment for it right away. By seeking testing and being treated, you are taking good care of your reproductive health, so if there is any doubt you are infected, you should visit a clinic, doctor, or nurse.

Just a quick question...a guy I was seeing was tested and came up positive for Chlamydia. In the meantime I was treated for a bacterial infection with a sulfur based anitbiotic, I was on it for 5 days. Are sulfur based anitbiotics strong enough to treat the infection or should I go back to the doctors and get treatment?

brentlinger wrote:

Can someone tell me how it is posible that I was infected with Chlymidia by a past sexual partner, but my boyfriend who I've been with for 7 and a half months was not? I found out after my Annual Pep and I asked him to get tested, just the other day, the doctors tell him his results were negative...HOW?

I had intercourse back in 2006 around July or August with a past partner. After that there were no symptoms. December 2006 I had another sex partner. There were no symptoms. March 05-14, 2007 I had intercourse with my previous again. Then somewhere between the 20th and the 24th I started having symptoms to where my pee hole was burning and itching. She was tested negative with a moderate yeast infection. I found out that I had chlymidia, but she denies she gave it to me. How long can it last in your system without you having no symptoms? And I don't know who I got it from. I've called my old partners and they all deny it.

Because you cheated

It's harder for guys to get infected . They are the one doing the injecting. While women get injected