Hi, I was diagnosed with chlamidia last week. I read somewhere that people who have this condition should also be tested for gonorrhea, because these diseases are in conjunction. Is it true? Could I have chlamydia along with gonorrhea?

Yes, chlamydia and gonorrhea are often in conjugation. They are transmitted through vaginal, anal or oral sexual contact. Chlamydia (chlamydia trachomatis) is most common bacterial infection. It affects 3-4 million people each year. Gonorrhea (neisseria gonorrhoeae) is also a bacterial infection, and it often comes along with chlamydia. 600,000 people each year are infected by this bacteria. Chlamydia and gonorrhea are very serious sexual transmitted diseases, which can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy and infertility in women, and testicular and prostate infections in men. These diseases are diagnosed by taking a sample of cells from the urethra or cervix using a small cotton swab. You have to repeat testing 3-4 months after medications have been completed.