Hi, my sister was diagnosed with chlamidia, and she is depressed. She heard that it is a dangerous disease, and she doesn’t know what to expect. How dangerous chlamidia really is?

Hi, when I was diagnosed with chlamidia, I was very surprised. I didn’t expect such a diagnosis, because I had no symptoms at all. Than I found out that 70 - 90 % of women and 40 - 50% of men never have any symptoms. When the symptoms occur, they are probably triggered by some infection. Chlamidia is dangerous if not treated, and unfortunately, it is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. It is dangerous, because it can lead to infertility, tubal pregnancy and chronic pelvic pain. It can also cause an inflammation of the bladder. Chlamidia is particularly dangerous if it affect a pregnant woman, because it can lead to premature delivery. Anyway, doctor prescribed me a week of doxycycline, which was very helpful.

I was just diagnosed with chylamidia I have had it for four years. The doctor gave me four pills of zitromax to take in a day and its supposed to get rid of it! Im not so sure if four pills can knock out for years of infection?????????????? I( gave go back for re-testing for 3 months and each day I stress more to know if im cured even though my doctor said it will take 7 days to cure!

How can you have clamydia for 4 years and not know? Why didn't you get tested? Women are supposed to get checked AT LEAST once a year. More if you have multiple partners. that is very unsafe for you!

ConfusedinCO wrote:

I have just found out that i have clamydia, i think it is unfair to say how didnt you know as its not offen that actualy know you have. I go 4 a check up more than once a year and they never noticed, only lately when i had pain with it i went to a private doctor and i found out id had it 4 3 years!

I was very shocked as i have only ever had one parenter my current partener (but it only takes one) I also am very confused about how it can just clean up in a few days and am worried it wont go away. And am worried about how serious it is long term, if anyone could give me answers i would be very grateful.

Chlamydia infection is very dangerous as it is one of cause of woman infertility.

If you have chlamydia, do what you can to encourage any ex-partners to get tested. This infection can stay unrecognised for months, if not years.

About treatment. Chlamydia could be treated. But, make sure your sexual partner also gets treatment. Otherwise, the treated partner becomes re-infected. Repeated infection can cause far worse fertility problems in women.

You are rude

Have not had sex for over 3years now and have been diagnose with chlamydia positive, my doctor gave me four pills of zithromax and ask me to wait for one week. Now am scared cos I don't know if d drug can cure me

Maybe you've got clap.

You spelt chlamydia wrong.

I worked for me, if you need more help see your doctor

It worked for me, if you need more help see your doctor