i'm scared i wont be able to get pregnant becuz i had chylimida- i'm going to get checked up in 2 days. and am afraid to tell my b/f i might have it...we want to have a baby but are not sure if it's possible now that we might have chylimida....i want to know if i'll be able to get pregnant and how soon!

Just cause you had chlaymidia dont mean you cant have babies. I got pregnant before and later found out i had the infection. So it doesnt hurt you chances toatally. but if you have had it for a long period of time it can cause damage to your tubes. Its best to get tested and treated right away.

Hi bbyboo,

Make sure to GO TO A DOCTOR and get the chlamydia treated IMMEDIATELY, HERE ARE SOME FACTS:

If untreated, chlamydial infections can progress to serious reproductive and other health problems with both short-term and long-term consequences. Like the disease itself, the damage that chlamydia causes is often "silent."

In women, untreated infection can spread into the uterus or fallopian tubes and cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). This happens in up to 40 percent of women with untreated chlamydia. PID can cause permanent damage to the fallopian tubes, uterus, and surrounding tissues. The damage can lead to chronic pelvic pain, infertility, and potentially fatal ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the uterus). Women infected with chlamydia are up to five times more likely to become infected with HIV, if exposed.

To help prevent the serious consequences of chlamydia, screening at least annually for chlamydia is recommended for all sexually active women age 25 years and younger. An annual screening test also is recommended for older women with risk factors for chlamydia (a new sex partner or multiple sex partners). All pregnant women should have a screening test for chlamydia.

Complications among men are rare. Infection sometimes spreads to the epididymis (a tube that carries sperm from the testis), causing pain, fever, and, rarely, sterility.

Rarely, genital chlamydial infection can cause arthritis that can be accompanied by skin lesions and inflammation of the eye and urethra (Reiter's syndrome).

In pregnant women, there is some evidence that untreated chlamydial infections can lead to premature delivery. Babies who are born to infected mothers can get chlamydial infections in their eyes and respiratory tracts. Chlamydia is a leading cause of early infant pneumonia and conjunctivitis (pink eye) in newborns

Chlamydia can be easily treated and cured with antibiotics. A single dose of azithromycin or a week of doxycycline (twice daily) are the most commonly used treatments. HIV-positive persons with chlamydia should receive the same treatment as those who are HIV negative.

All sex partners should be evaluated, tested, and treated. Persons with chlamydia should abstain from sexual intercourse until they and their sex partners have completed treatment, otherwise re-infection is possible.

Women whose sex partners have not been appropriately treated are at high risk for re-infection. Having multiple infections increases a woman's risk of serious reproductive health complications, including infertility. Retesting should be considered for women, especially adolescents, three to four months after treatment. This is especially true if a woman does not know if her sex partner received treatment.

Hope this helps,

Hizgrace

hi i needed help..k...umm i have a daughter allready shes 2 and a half...and i been trying to get pregnanat and i keep trying but i wont get pregnant...on jun 24,2010...i went to planned parenthood to get tested and found out that i have chlaymidia...i may probly had got the chlaymidia sometime between the mddle of september 2009 till january 2010..and i had met my new bf which is now my fiance i met him at the beginning of febuary the 3,2010 and then went and got treated in june 24 2010 they gave me antibiotix and they made me wait a week after i took it to have sex and i did..and after the week i waited like an extra week and i tried to get pregnant but nothings happening..and i never know when im ovulating..i cant tell or feel it..but i need help and i want to know wats wrong with me and why im not getting pregnant..so plz help me.. my name is leila...thank u