Hello! I am a 22 year old female and have been on Depo Vera ever since I was 18 (4 years). I was planning to stay on Depo Vera until I was married and ready to settle down, but after reading tons of horror stories about Depo Vera, I've grown really concern. I've never had any side effects with Depo. It's actually been a really great experience, but after reading so many stories of women being unable to conceive after Depo, I have officially grown scared. I'm interested to hear from women who have the arm implant (Nexplanon or Implanon). If you can tell me your experience of getting it put in, how long you've had it, and how you've been liking it, I would appreciate it! I would also love to hear from women who are currently on depo or have been on depo, especially if it is a positive story as I am getting nervous. 

Still haven't received any replies :( Anyone?

Currently i have the implanon in my arm and have had no issues but i only had it for a few weeks now. I used to be on depo but i didnt like the weight gain headaches and mood swings. I recently had a baby so depo did not cause fertility problems for myself. After i had my son i weighed all my options and went with the implant. They did it for me before i left the hospital. They gave me numbing cream and a shot before they cut under my arm and placed it. Hurt for all of 30secs to 1min. After that my arm was sore for a day. Next day didnt feel anything. I forget i have it till i feel around under my arm where it is placed. Doctors say it is good for 3 years then i will need a new one and they can take it out at any time if i decide i want to get pregnant. Is 99% effective and don't have to remember a shot every 3 months or pill everyday (which i was never good at remembering). Hope this helps. If i have any issues will be sure to post again.

Thank you so much! This was great information :) Would you mind sharing how long you were on depo and how long it took to get pregnant once you came off of it?