My name is Jenna and I'm 19 years old. I was on the depo shot for 5 years and never had a period. when i was being evaluated as a candidate to start Implanon, my doctors told me that since i never had a period on the shot, i more than likely would not have any on the implant either. So i got the implant in my right arm in september, and immediately started having hormonal issues. i was scared to death that i had gotten pregnant during the lapse between birth controls. but i went to the doctor and had a blood test and it came back negative. huge relief. but my doctor told me that he wasnt a big fan of implanon and refused to give it to his patients because it was proven to be less effective than advertised. he also had several cases where women would come in with complications and have it taken out within around 2 months. i wanted to get it taken out then, i thought to myself "the whole point in me getting on this is so that i can be worry free for the next 3 years, not have a pregnancy scare every other month". but the doctor told me to give it a few more months so i did. from october until december i had breast tenderness, on and off. then in about februrary (4 months after starting implanon) i started noticing this lump above my right breast (the implanon is in my right arm), about the size of a popcorn kernel. i didnt go to the doctor about it, it didnt hurt at all. i ignored it until two weeks ago. i had noticed that it had grown to about the size of a pea, and it was now visible to other people besides myself. also, ive been having periods every two weeks for the past month and a half. this seems weird to me since i havent had them for 5 years, or throughout the duration that ive had the implanon, until recently.

I just want to know if my implanon is causing this lump. and what do my random periods mean? ive also noticed my lower abdomen is a little bigger, could it just be bloating? or could i be bearing a child that i wont even be able to afford to give the best to? i want a family someday. its my dream to have 2 beautiful children. but im not even financially stable enough to take care of myself right now, let alone a poor helpless baby... 

I'm afraid to go to the doctor again because im sick of being treated like im crazy. i know what i feel with my body and ive had to deal with these complications far too long. im about to get my implanon taken out and go back to depo. but i just need some advice on what might be going on with my body. if anyone has had a similar experience to this, or if anyone has ANY sort of knowledge on this, please reach out and help me. i am terrified right now...

I just had the implanon removed after having it for two years. It was a nightmare. If you go on the Implanon web site it explains that you may have an increased risk of breast cancer with the implanon so if you feel a notch in your breast you need to see the doctor immediately to make sure you do not have breast cancer. And if I were you get the implanon removed.

The exact thing happened to me, Implanon causes your hormones to go crazy causing your overies to work over time. It gave me ovarian cysts, take it out now!